Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have had a few users that are reporting issues with logging into the forum, I am trying my best to find out what the issue is.

I was able to login using the following URL, so I would ask that if you are having issues that you try logging in using the following URL:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=22

ShannonN Friend

MiCCAS;21908Hello,

I have had a few users that are reporting issues with logging into the forum, I am trying my best to find out what the issue is.

I was able to login using the following URL, so I would ask that if you are having issues that you try logging in using the following URL:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2

I have had real issues logging into the forum via the normal login etc not getting any error messages and using stored pwds etc in FF can’t explain it

but I get this BS when I try the url you suggested
    ShannonN, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

yet I’m a valid paid member obviously, yet the login pwd combo works fine outside the forum
    I.E dl sections etc

It’s extremely frustration having to muck about and run a bypass method etc to get into where we should be allowed

Cheers ShannonN

Michael Casha Friend

ShannonN;21911I have had real issues logging into the forum via the normal login etc not getting any error messages and using stored pwds etc in FF can’t explain it

but I get this BS when I try the url you suggested
    ShannonN, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

yet I’m a valid paid member obviously, yet the login pwd combo works fine outside the forum
    I.E dl sections etc

It’s extremely frustration having to muck about and run a bypass method etc to get into where we should be allowed

Cheers ShannonN

Hey mate,

That’s normal, it’s because it’s trying to make a new post in the announcement area which is blocked for everyone but admins. I’ll change the url now to one more suitable. The issue will be resolved asap. The fact that you got that error message must mean you’re logged in fine.

ShannonN Friend

MiCCAS;21912Hey mate,

That’s normal, it’s because it’s trying to make a new post in the announcement area which is blocked for everyone but admins. I’ll change the url now to one more suitable. The issue will be resolved asap. The fact that you got that error message must mean you’re logged in fine.

yes I ran a bypass to go round the normal login screen and got in but as you can imagine its more steps and screens than normal and had me thinking till I contacted other mmebers if all my passwords stored in browser had corrupted etc

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@ShannonN 21916 wrote:</em><blockquote>yes I ran a bypass to go round the normal login screen and got in but as you can imagine its more steps and screens than normal and had me thinking till I contacted other mmebers if all my passwords stored in browser had corrupted etc</blockquote>
    Yes, I do apologise for that. I have absolutely no idea who broke it and how but I am trying to get the best method available which is this at the moment.

I do apologise for the inconvenience, the team have been notified and I am expecting a resolution in the next 24 hours.

ShannonN Friend

MiCCAS;21917Yes, I do apologise for that. I have absolutely no idea who broke it and how but I am trying to get the best method available which is this at the moment.

I do apologise for the inconvenience, the team have been notified and I am expecting a resolution in the next 24 hours.

You may want to assign a few whizkids to close the backdoor I found or for consideration:D I may tell you

Hung Dinh Friend

I am sorry for the problem. We schedule a regular database security activities involving in password change for the whole system and forget to change one of the password in the Joomla + Vbulletin component. And the share login has stopped working.
    Problem is now solved. Thank you for your patience.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 16 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum