Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I want to change the width to 600px. but when i do so the header and footer gets smaller and ther shadow on right dissapeares? Any suggestions anyone?

Hung Dinh Friend

You have to also change the following width in the template_css.css file

#topnav {template_css.css (line 25)
    background:#585C68 url(../images/topnav-bg.gif) repeat-x scroll left bottom;
    font-size:12px;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    padding:0pt 10px 10px;
    position:relative;
    text-align:left;
    width:740px !important;
    }

Try to search for the width of relevant element in the template and decrease the number.

Just wonder why you want to change the width to 600px, 740px is a safe width for all modern browsers, and I think more than 60% internet user are using 1024×678 or greater.

mogr Friend

Thanks, but that doesnt work for me, i have tried to change every 740px to 600px, and the site changes to the right width, BUT the right shadow dissapeares and also the header and footer gets smaller than the rest.
    I want to change the width to 600px because it looks better regarding to the content on the site.

Hung Dinh Friend

You need to change this image
    http://template.joomlart.com/ja_archenar/templates/ja_archenar/images/container-bg.gif
    to a smaller width to get the shadow effects

mogr Friend

Aha, ok, many thanks!

Michael Casha Friend

If you need assistance editing the image please sing out.

mogr Friend

Ok, thanks MICCAS. No assistance needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mogr 17 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum