Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Navigate to the following URL and notice the top.header position of the template:
    :
    http://joomla17-templates.joomlart.com/ja_elastica/index.php?tp=1

<div id=”jainfo-block-top.header” class=”jainfo-block” style=”position: relative; height: 70px;”>

<h1 class=”logo”>
    <div id=”ja-mainnav” class=”clearfix”>

<div id=”ja-top” class=”clearfix”>
    <div id=”ja-search”>
    <script type=”text/javascript”>
    <div id=”ja-social”>

<ul class=”no-display”>
    <div id=”jainfo-block-overlay” class=”jainfo-block-overlay”>
    <div id=”jainfo-block-overlay-title” class=”jainfo-block-overlay-title”>top.header</div>

how do I remove the top.header position from the template? I’ve looked at the wiki and it’s quite complicated to understand. it appears I have to modify a php file, a CSS file and an XML file. I don’t get it. I have never seen anything in the joomla world so complicated as T3 just to move or edit module positions

swissa Friend

Can I ask what you are trying to achieve exactly?

As quoted in the wiki
    <blockquote>JA Elastica Template is developed in T3 Framework V1.6 but it does not use default module position of T3 Framework, the module positions are re-defined. </blockquote> so it is different to any normal T3 template.

In normal T3 templates, removing positions is simplicity itself.

If you explain what you would like to achieve I’m sure that someone can point you in the right direction.

Bestens

ron shafii Friend

not sure you read you what I said. I specifically stated I wanted to remove the top.header module position. if you follow the directions I posted you’d see it. this top.header position is built into the template somewhere. if I remove it from an xml file it still appears. if I remove the header php file it still appears.

obviously I don’t know enough about module modifications within T3 to understand how to modify it. yes I have read the wiki many times and it’s too confusing. I’ve also searched the forum and unfortunately there aren’t any posts with a precise explanation. most just point back to the wiki.

curious, does joomlart moderate these forums or is this just a forum for developers to help each other? that’s not a cynical question. I do know of other forums where the owners are absent.

swissa Friend

<em>@joomlagraphic 297629 wrote:</em><blockquote>not sure you read you what I said. I specifically stated I wanted to remove the top.header module position. if you follow the directions I posted you’d see it. this top.header position is built into the template somewhere. </blockquote>

Yes it is. And thank you very much for such a pleasant response. Glad to know that help is valued so highly by you. Despite only have only 53 downloads to your over 3000, I’m still sure I will be able to point you in the right direction.

However, I take no responsibility for what you do including taking my advice.

Layouts in T3, as you may or may not be aware, can be changed simply and easily within Template Manager, Template, Layouts.

There you can even pick, quite simply, which layout you wish to edit. Pick the block you wish to delete and delete it. No php, no css, no xml. And just in case you struggle, I’d think this is what you are looking for but I am a just the beginner here.

<blocks name="top" style="xhtml">
    <block name="header" type="header" main-inner="1"></block>

Obviously with your experience, you’re going to make sure you make a clone in case it all goes haywire right?

swissa Friend

I see you have now edited and appended your original post.

<em>@joomlagraphic 297629 wrote:</em><blockquote>obviously I don’t know enough about module modifications within T3 to understand how to modify it. yes I have read the wiki many times and it’s too confusing. I’ve also searched the forum and unfortunately there aren’t any posts with a precise explanation. most just point back to the wiki.
    </blockquote>

How is it obvious?

ron shafii Friend

apologies Swissa. I should construct my responses better.

I used your instructions and they worked fine with elastica and another T3 template.

thanks. That was a lot easier that hacking the core, template and blocks directories. I knew I was missing something.

swissa Friend

<em>@joomlagraphic 297635 wrote:</em><blockquote>apologies Swissa. I should construct my responses better.

I used your instructions and they worked fine with elastica and another T3 template.

thanks. That was a lot easier that hacking the core, template and blocks directories. I knew I was missing something.</blockquote>

Apology accepted.

Something that may help you along the way my friend.

By seeking help you are the one wanting something so ask nicely.
    If someone offers help remember they are seeking to understand your problem fully not belittle you.
    If someone offers to help you take it with their best intentions.
    Click the helpers “Thanks” button if they do help you. It not only says thanks to them but it also says something about you. If I see someone with 200 posts and no “Thanks” given I don’t bother with them.
    Take some time to learn some T3. It really is flexible.

Good luck with the sites.

TomC Moderator

<em>@joomlagraphic 297629 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    curious, does joomlart moderate these forums or is this just a forum for developers to help each other? that’s not a cynical question. I do know of other forums where the owners are absent.</blockquote>
    Umm, with all due respect . . . the JA Moderator/Support Team are rarely (if ever) “absent.”

We absolutely DO moderate the forums throughout each and every day. Our Moderator/Support Team Members are located all over the globe – in varying time zones. We do our best to address as many questions/issues as we can as expeditiously and completely as possible – though some of us do take a break from time to time.

Nevertheless, I apologize if every one of our own schedules doesn’t conform to yours 100% of the time.
    As stated above, we do our best to address questions/issues as quickly as possible.

Not being cynical, just stating a matter or fact.

😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum