Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

We enabled the social sharing buttons for Facebook, Twitter and Google +1 for our articles although I would prefer them in the header area similar to the JA_Social Demo. However, now they are appearing in our footer menu and breadcrumbs areas as well. How can I get these moved and set to only appear in our top menu bar?

1. social_share_buttons_everywhere
    pixelzombie Friend

This is an issue caused by your plugin “Content – Facebook-Twitter-Google+1”. There’s no option on where to display it on your page since it’s a plugin and not a module. Therefore you can’t really control where the buttons show.

You may want to use another social buttons module from the JED and test it.

Cheers

Frank

wineblue2 Friend

Uh, that was a plugin supplied by Joomlart when we downloaded the quickstart file for JA_Social and I see they do not have this issue in their demo. Unless their demo is not using their own plugin?:confused:

pixelzombie Friend

No, the Plugin that comes with JA Socal & quickinstall is “JA Social”. You’ll need to configure this one and get rid of the other.

Please note that this module is only able to display social buttons after the title, before the content (article) and after content.

There are no social buttons in the header of the JA Social Demo page. Or do you mean the ones in the Toolbar at the very top that is visible on every demo page? This is JA Toolbar. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/forum/ja-toolbar-component/

Cheers

Frank

wineblue2 Friend

Wow! Seriously? They have threads going back to 2006 regarding this Toolbar and I still do not see it anywhere to download? or did I miss something here?!

The problem I have with the JA Social module is that by default it stacks these social icons vertically when I want them to display horizontally in the Top of the site on every page. We are not planning to use enough articles in this site to justify using this plugin and it displays all messed up as you can see but we do need the social buttons on the site to work with all of our social media accounts. I need a good solution here and as I cannot find this JA Toolbar surely JA has an alternative we could implement quickly?

pixelzombie Friend

Unfortunately the Toolbar is not available for download. I just mentioned it to explain what you see.

I suggest checking the JED http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web
    There are a ton of social modules available. Publish the module of your choice in the header (or where you want it).

I don’t think JA has social sharing modules in it’s portfilio. Sorry!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pixelzombie 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum