Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi
    i am facing problem in the social sharing options in JA magz,
    when i click on the share button in the single article or in any featured layout article,
    it will pick all the thumbnails of the the except the article thumbnail that i want to share.
    This problem is :((on every button(facebook,twitter,linkedin etc)

see this > http://edtechreview.in/
    http://edtechreview.in/news/951-miss-humblebee-s-academy-an-online-kindergarten-preparatory-program

phong nam Friend

@dpchap015: On JA Magz template, we use the default sharing buttons of AddThis application sharing the article contents. So, we would suggest you raise a question on this application forum to get better assistance.

dpchap015 Friend

@leo Burnetts

i already posted my question on addthis forum, but Joomlart using add and it shows wrong thumbnails,
    so its more helpful if you will use other third party sharing tools or correct this ,by addthis support.

phong nam Friend

@ dpchap015,

Thank you for your feedback. Can you send us the link of your question on AddThis forum? We will keep track on that thread as well.

dpchap015 Friend
    phong nam Friend

@dpchap015:

Thank you for putting the created AddThis thread. I agree with @matt and this is a popular solution of AddThis to solve the issue of getting FB thumbnail on posts.

As you know, the meta content is what you defined on your page to instruct FB to show a preview on a share. So, this is a clear solution that you should follow the guides to add your own meta content.

On our JA Magz template, you can put your meta tags into templatesja_magztplsblockshead.php file at 18th line.

dpchap015 Friend

@leo Burnetts
    problem is not only in the the facebook thumbnails,
    all sharing buttons pick wrong thumbnails twitter,gplus,linkedin.
    can you simplify the process what exactly i will do to achieve this

phong nam Friend

@dpchap015: Maybe I missed to explain you an example of other social sharing applications (Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIN …), however as I mentioned above that we just load the default social sharing button of AddThis on our template. You can simply find the defined codes in templatesja_magzhtmlcom_contentarticledefault.php file at lines:

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
    <?php if($tplparams->get('tpl_addthis_share', 1)) : ?>
    <a class="addthis_button_compact"> Share <i class="icon-share"></i></a>
    <?php endif ?>
    <!-- AddThis Button END -->

While the process of getting the preview images will depend on the algorithm of AddThis and the related social applications. So, it will be great when you can follow the guides of @matt to fix the problem by defining your own meta tags.

dpchap015 Friend

@leo Burnetts
    according to the solution of Matt ,use open meta tags extension of joomla that will og:image tag dynamically into the article.
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/seo-a-metadata/open-graph

i tried a lot of extensions to add open graph meta tags in JA MAGz but MAGZ does not add og:image tag.
    how to solve this thumbnails issue ?

Ninja Lead Moderator

May I know which extension you did use among this list?

Have you tried to test open graph with default Joomla? How can you get og:image tag as Matt said?

I will try to have a closer look upon knowing additional information.

dpchap015 Friend

issue sloved by pro version of Link with Article Images on Facebook

http://www.perfect-web.co/joomla/link-with-article-images-facebook#downloads

Ninja Lead Moderator

Glad that you figured it out 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum