Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Newbe here… So turned off Header Right in Layout Configuration for Landing page in Simpli, and saved, so there was no ‘social icons’ visible in the social-links module as expected. Turned it back on, and saved , but it has not come back. I thought this was easy. This all started trying to figure out how this graphic came to be there at all as I could not find it’s origin – I understand it is a custom module given the position in the location Header Right but cannot see it in the module html editor or anything in the media. If someone could give me a description of how this works, when it does, and maybe how to turn the display of this graphic back on you’ll make my day. I’m an expect at reinstalling now as this day 5 on this and many installations later so I admit defeat and have to ask for help, although I hope there is help out there. Thanks. It’s just a local MAMP site right now as my connection is slow and I’m learning so nothing to login into.

pavit Moderator

Hi there

It is a custom-html module published in social-links position and below i attached html code for it

<ul class="social-links hidden-phone">
    <li><a href="#" title="Facebook"><i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a></li>
    <li><a href="#" title="Twitter"><i class="fa fa-twitter"></i></a></li>
    <li><a href="#" title="Google plus"><i class="fa fa-google-plus"></i></a></li>
    <li><a href="#" title="Pinterest"><i class="fa fa-pinterest"></i></a></li>
    </ul>

To edit correctly this module first disable your default editor from global configuration -> Site tab –

Regards

1. Screenshot-at-ago-21-22-14-50
    2. Screenshot-at-ago-21-22-20-28
    nichicks Friend

Solved.

Many thanks for pointing out that the default editor must be disabled at certain times. Is this common and always valuable in Joomla or just this template?

I can now see the html and understand the way this works, thanks once again.

pavit Moderator

Is this common and always valuable in Joomla or just this template?

This is joomla feature not template, you should edit the editor plugin and configure it as you wish, default settings doesn’t allows html code.

didier l Friend

Hello

I had some problems … because I used Adblock : no social icon is displayed !

pavit Moderator

I had some problems … because I used Adblock : no social icon is displayed !

Hi

Since this topic is solved, could you please open a new topic describing with more details your issue and steps to duplicate it , provide also an url for your website administrator page and temp super user account to access it.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum