Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi have question regarding social icons (social link HTML module).

Attached image of this issue

I got same kind of plus “+” icon on top of navigation bar instead of social icons like it is on original template.
    At this moment social icons shows after you click to “+” and it goes below main navigation bar!

How I can have regular setup as it was? Social icons in top navigation bar?

I have not touch to much HTML code in that module and I have regular demo code that is already has been mentioned:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/where-to-edit-the-links-for-the-social-feeds-on-top-menu/

In addition, I am not sure what caused this CSS issue! On the other hand I tired to add additional few menu tabs and then I turn it off! I am not sure if this caused an issue or something else!

1. social-links
    phong nam Friend

Hi artistgates,

This issue of Social links is caused by the Editor – TinyMCE when it automatically removes the prohibited elements (script, iframe) within Custom HTML module’s content after saving. That is why the AddThis social links don’t appear on your website.

In this case, you can go to administration and set Editor – None to Default Editor in Global configuration. Then create a Custom HTML module at social-link position and put below our default AddThis follow button codes into or you can go to https://www.addthis.com/get/follow to get your own follow buttons:

<!-- AddThis Follow BEGIN -->
    <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_32x32_style addthis_default_style">
    <a class="addthis_button_facebook_follow" addthis:userid="joomlart"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_twitter_follow" addthis:userid="joomlart"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_instagram_follow" addthis:userid="joomlart"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_youtube_follow" addthis:userid="joomlart"></a>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xa-51fbcd3a05926764"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Follow END -->

brankopilic Friend

Hi Leo,

I tired this option that you recommended but it didn’t work out. On the other hand thank you for your time to respond.

Here is short video where I do have an issue and I sent my pm information for login to admin i ftp if you need to do:

http://screencast.com/t/ywAcWfOdvZ

Is there solution to fix this? and how?

Thank you

phong nam Friend

Hi artistgates,

Thank you for your well-prepared video on the social link module issue. But, it seems that the given embed codes make the social buttons display fine now in one row inside the main navigation or you fixed this by yourself, there is no dropdown with + button anymore. You can see the attached snapshot of how social icons of your website appear on my computer.

1. social_link
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum