Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I have tried everything to get my Social Feed Plugin to work. My site is unpublished and I thought that maybe that was the problem – nope!

I love this template and am in the beginning stages of adding content, but after trying everything I get:

– a “bad URL” feed from the Facebook tab, but when you follow the link it takes you directly to my fan page.
    – It loads 1 tweet from my Twitter account even though it is set to the max of 20
    – it loads 5 of my Flickr pics even though I have over 600 pics and set it to the max of 20 also
    – it loads NONE of my youtube videos

It is very frustrating because I am no novice!! I did use the quick start package and am wondering if there is something I am missing!!

It looks great in the demo, but does not even come close to working properly on my template!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, IBEWguy

ibewguy Friend

Hello again,

Can someone point me to some documentation that explains how the Social Feed plugin pulls information from accounts?

I think I might be able to solve my issues if I understood how it is pulling in this information. If I click VERIFY on the plugin for the various feeds it takes me to the RSS feed – and there is plenty of information listed, but it does not load the information.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    IBEWguy

ibewguy Friend

OK, I figured it out – while feeling around in the dark –

If you use the quick-start then you will probably delete the content from the social feed categories, but then you have to EMPTY THE TRASH by filtering the content manager to your trash bin.

The plugin will not pull in any more data until you delete all the demo content..

And, you should know that emptying the trash comes with it’s own issues. I spend 4 hours deleting 3800 articles because of a known issue with the alias’

Hang in there – you can do it:)

IBEWguy

Phill Moderator

Sorry you didn’t get a response, As I and some of the others search for threads with 0 replies sometimes when you respond to your own thread quickly it may get missed.

Thanks for sharing your answer. I too ran into that problem when I first installed the JA Social Feed plugin. Took me a wile to also work out where the empty trash feature was in J2.5. These things are there to try us I think.:p

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum