Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Can anyone advise how to make transmenu work in a wrapped SMF forum? This is the third time posting the issue with no responses in almost five weeks.

itguy Friend

The short answer is I don’t believe it will work.

The wrapper is designed to display an external static page. Although you can display an external dynamic site, I don’t think you will be able to get any real communication going between Joomla and whats inside the wrapper. It’s just wrapping the external page and displaying it. I don’t think it will be possible to get transmenu functioning inside the wrapper.

If you find a way to pull this off I would like to hear about it. That would be an interesting read.

brianlz Friend

thanks itguy,

just for clarification purposes… I’m using the SMF bridge wrapper function, not the Joomla wrapper module. Not sure if that makes a difference.

From what I’ve been able to figure out, there are several files associated with transmenu. I was hoping this was just an issue of inserting the proper links or references into the smf template; or inserting the correct code and copying the transmenu files somewhere to the smf template directory.

I’m hoping we may get a definitive response from those who are most familiar with the transmenu function (the template authors???). If its possible, how can it happen? If not, please just let us know.

:confused:

itguy Friend

I haven’t used the SMF bridge wrapper function so I can’t offer any advise. I thought you were using the built-in wrapper. Maybe someone at JA can shed some light on this.

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi Brianlz,

We haven’t used the SMF bridge wrapper too. I suggest that you should include all template css files and transmenu file like we do in the template index.php file.

brianlz Friend

I’ve uploaded all “transmenu” related files to my current SMF theme directory and it has not made a difference.

Looking through the zibal index.php file, there are several references which appear to call up the menu switcher tool, and/or idenditify which menu to use. Given the seeming complexity of template coding, is there any chance that the developer of the template provide some input?

I’ve searched through SMF forums and currently working with another community on a fix, but we still seem a ways off…

Thanks in advance for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  brianlz 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum