Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi there

Pressing return after typing search term in the search box doesn’t do anything, unless the search button is displayed but if the search button is displayed, it doesn’t show any text and I cant find out where to configure this as there don’t appear to be any language overrides in "en-GB.com_finder.ini" or any options on the module config page. I added some custom CSS to make the button larger, and move it out a bit from the search box, but its currently a blank button. I therefore would like to be able to do either of two things:

• Make the search execute when the user presses the enter key, currently it doesn’t appear to work
    • Add text to the search button in the drop-down box in the "head-search" position

Thanks!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly post your working sote URL here.
    Regards

naas_it Friend

Hi Pankaj

Its on an internal test server at the moment, I can give you remote access to my pc to look at it if you like?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly share the URL once its live.
    Also try to create a search menu and select the menu into the search module options > Item Id.
    Regards

naas_it Friend

Hi there

Will do. I manually edited "pluginssystemt3base-bs3htmlmod_finderdefault.php" at line 58 to manually include the text "Search", as adding a language override for ‘MOD_FINDER_SEARCH_BUTTON’ didn’t do anything. At least now there is a button called "Search" on the drop down menu which users can either click on or triggers a ‘submit’on pressing the return key, and then search works as expected.

I have already tried adding a menu item for search and pointing at it in ‘Search module options > Item Id’ and it didn’t do anything either.

Thank you for looking at this, I have a workaround but would have preferred if the search function "just worked" and the kludge about isn’t very pretty.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly create override in template folder
    html/mod_finder/default.php
    For this. And share the URL once site is Ready if there is issue in search.
    I will check it on your site.

naas_it Friend

Thank you Pankaj, will do. Have a great day!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You are welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum