Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

When doing a search using the standard Joomla search module the result is a blank page with this url /component/search/?searchword=android&searchphrase=all&Itemid=190 the itemid does exist in the menu.

When I use the Smart Search module everything works fine except for the module style is the standard white box. I would like to use the smart search and be able to use the standard style with the Mitus template.

I tried adding in the Module Class Suffix :
    head-search
    search

But noting works

Any suggestions pls.

Thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can follow step by step my suggetion as below:

1. make a new menu named search (Menus > Menu Manager > Add New Menu)
    2. create a new menu item (Menus > Search > Add New Menu Item)
    3. name the new menu item Search and select the type as Search: Search Form or Search Results
    4. find the ID (bottom of the page) and copy it or make a note of the number
    5. Save & Close
    6. open your Search module and add the ID (Extensions > Module Manager > Name of your search module > Basic Options > Set ItemID)
    7. Save it and try a test search from your home page and any other pages you wish. The search results should always drop to essentially an empty page, displaying any modules you have set to show on all pages.
    8. Use the Module Manager to show/hide modules to that Search > Search menu item.

billyray Friend

Hello Ninja,

I tried your suggestion using standard search with no success. The styling is correct but still getting blank white page for search results. The smart search does work but I cannot get the styling to work in template. Is there a way to enable template style for smart search?

Thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

JA Mitius Template supports standard Joomla function(smart search) so if you configure Joomla for something like that then the answer is yes.

If possible you can pm me URL of your site and admin access. I shall check it for you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I found the problem on your site, this is conflict com_search joomla default with Search – Booking plugin. I have disabled Search – Booking plugin in Plugin Manager. The problem on your site is fixed, see the screenshot

Please check it again let me know if it helps

1. Search-Booking_plugin
    billyray Friend

Thank You! your the best!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  billyray 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum