Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

My site seems to load slow, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give advice. I have optimized my images. In JA tabs, I am using an RSS feed module. Otherwise, I can’t seem to figure out why it runs so slow.

It is Here.

Thanks!

ErikThorsen Friend

Hello jbrowdy,

I don’t see any immediate reasons for this. Have you checked your webservers speed? I would assume this is the server which is slow.. But not sure.

ShannonN Friend

ErikThorsen;13363Hello jbrowdy,

I don’t see any immediate reasons for this. Have you checked your webservers speed? I would assume this is the server which is slow.. But not sure.

Seems ok to me loads abut as fast as similar sites, maybe just a local load thing at your end, I know sometimes my server seems sooo slooow! But it usually coincides with a peak time overseas ( USA ) where the server is ( I’m in Australia)

So check where your hosting server actually is it may not even be in your own country and time differences may dictate peak load times, the other thing check in your cpanel etc if you are on a ‘shared reseller account or shared hosting’ the available space on that shared HDD may be over 80 % and not have a great deal left for caching.

I had that problem once and it DID slow down access etc , when they moved teh files to an empty HDD it worked much better

Hope this helps you get sorted

ShannonN

nickolai Friend

Yeah, it’s really slow… I’m in your company though- my site is slow, too.

I just installed Ircmaxell’s Page Cache. This seemed to improve it for me.

http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,2058/Itemid,35/

bigrk Friend

<em>@jbrowdy 13341 wrote:</em><blockquote>My site seems to load slow, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give advice. I have optimized my images. In JA tabs, I am using an RSS feed module. Otherwise, I can’t seem to figure out why it runs so slow.

It is Here.

Thanks!</blockquote>

I’m in the U.S. and at a peak time of the day and your site loaded very quickly. 😎 By the way, your site looks great. Good Job!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum