Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello, I’m working with Ja Travel 2.5 but I’ve a trouble with the slideshow that not works.

I’m working on local so I can’t link the home page but it’s easy to understand the trouble because I can’t use the slideshow.

Can you show to me the tutorial?

Thanks a lot, and sorry about my english.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi there,
    Could you show me how you config in Backend?
    Here is guide for slideshow module in JA Travel template
    And here is settings for it like demo

realef Friend

Hi and thanks for your reply.

My Ja slideshow module configuration is exactly the same of the userguide, I didn’t make any changes after download the template on local.
    The only difference I see is on “Include tags” where I found this value: p,h5,h4,h3 instead only p, h5, h4.

I posted pictures of the same size in the slideshow folder, and change with the demo images, I tried the two available slideshow folder, but no result.

I’m a newbie… I can not understand how to attach images to articles that appear in this slideshow module maybe this why I’m not able to make work the slideshow.

Please help me to understand the mistake.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,
    In the Backend of this module, there are 2 options for resource: articles and image folder, from that slideshow will take and display them in Frontend.
    # Image folder:
    Please make sure that you input the correct path to image folder.
    # Articles:
    – Choose categories you want it displayed
    – Open articles belong to these categories, insert this into articles:

<!-- {jaimage main="images/stories/slideshow/slideshow3.png" thumb="images/stories/slideshow/sl-03-thumb.jpg"} -->
    <p>Nisl et urna cursus ullamcorper nunc adipiscing augue dui condimentum Nulla. Convallis consequat Aliquam velit C .....

Change to prefered path of image.

In Advanced Options > Thumbnail Mode > switch from Using resize to Using Crop

Remember to clean the T3 cache.
    Hope this helps u 🙂

imemine Friend

Hello,

I dont know why, but this is not working for me. I want to have the slideshow exactly as in demo. I have same settings as mentioned in link above, if I want slideshow of images, it is working. Slideshow of articles is working aswell, but the images are not displaying. If I apply the code <!– {..}–> I can see it in firebug, but the image is not there and the path is correct.

I use J2.5.

Thank you for any advice

Lukas

imemine Friend

I made it work finaly, cleaning T3 cache did not help, but cleaning cache folder in the root (except of index.html) worked.

Saguaros Moderator

Glads it works :).

imemine Friend

Hello,

so this works for me, but I have realized, that everytime I change/delete/add the article in the slideshow I have to manualy clean the cache folder. Which is not good for client, because he would not have access to this folder. Why the JAT3 Clean Cache button doesnt clean this. Can I setup it somehow? Or is there a way how to set up slideshow without cleaning cache at all?

Thank you

Lukas

swissa Friend

In modul slideshow manager – advanced options, you can set whether to cache or not and the cache time.

Hope that helps.

imemine Friend

It did not help – the modul settings have “dont cache” option active. When I create new article with new image, it is working, when I edit article – change the image – the image doesnt change. It is on the server, the path is correct, but in browser I see previous image, which is not on the server.
    Browser cache cleaned, ta3 cache cleaned, cache and tmp folder on server cleaned. Please help

Saguaros Moderator

HI imemine,

Please pm me a temporary FTP and admin account, and the article I can test in order to reproduce this issue in your site.

Also include this thread url inside your message.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@imemine 324780 wrote:</em><blockquote>It did not help – the modul settings have “dont cache” option active. When I create new article with new image, it is working, when I edit article – change the image – the image doesnt change. It is on the server, the path is correct, but in browser I see previous image, which is not on the server.
    Browser cache cleaned, ta3 cache cleaned, cache and tmp folder on server cleaned. Please help</blockquote>

Your old image might has been resized and the resized image was saved to the image/resized folder, if the new image’s name is the same as the old one’s then the module would get the old one to display out.

You should change the name of the new image or just remove all image files under the folder image/resized .
    That would help.

imemine Friend

Yes, thats the problem. Thank you so much. This solved my problem.:)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  imemine 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum