Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’ve activated mod_jaslideshow as explained in the user guide. It shows up fine on my front page, but I need to adjust the height in order to fit my images. Tried setting the slide height setting in the module and the image is showed in full height. The problem, however, is that the first article in the blog layout below the slideshow is displayed over the image. To me it seems like the height of the wrapper is still 250px even thought the image is larger.

Checked with Firebug and found that the wrapper (#ja_topsll) was set to 250px. Changing this solved my problem, but I’m just curious about the purpose of the “slide height” parameter in mod_jaslideshow. It will never work as long as the wrapper is hardcoded to 250 will it??

Otherwise, thanks for a nice and clean template. Saved me a lot of work since I haven’t done any Joomla sites before..

Sherlock Friend

Can you give us your live URL, any screenshot or more details of the problem will be helpful

tomas76 Friend

Hehe, well I wouldn’t dream of deploying the site to a live environment without correcting that problem first. As I said in my post, I fixed the problem by changing the height of the container div. I just thought it was kind of strange that the slideshow height parameter of the module didn’t have any effect at all. Here’s a screenshot of how it looks without editing the div.

🙂

1. sl_error
    Sherlock Friend

Hi
    you can config width, height of module in admin

tomas76 Friend

<blockquote>Hi
    you can config width, height of module in admin

Hi! I appreciate the fact that you are trying to give me an answer here, but i cannot help wondering if you have bothered to read my message at all?? Is this forum all about points as well? I remember the same thing happened to the SAP tech forums once they introduced points/credit or whatever……Anyway…

In my first post I said that the parameters of the module did not work. I also pointed out that I could change the CSS class in order to work around this issue. My question is this: Why include the paramters in the module admin if they do not work? I’m just saying that joomlart might update their user guide for JA Mesolite…
    🙂

shertmann Friend

well thomas i have noticed the same thing in some extensions for example the jaslideshow do not randomize and if has the function included, so maybe there is some bugs still in the extensions perhaps

tomas76 Friend

Yep, guess so 🙂

As long as there are workarounds I’m generally quite happy..I’m yet to find a piece of software without any bugs..

shertmann Friend

well nothing is perfect in this world anyway

kubungi Friend

Can anyone please tell me what size of JPEG image L x W (in pixels) will fit into the standard template slideshow. I too followed the install guide and cropped the slideshow images to 550 x 210 pixels and came up short. Many thanks !

proxaal oxaal Friend

how do we change the wrapper here???

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  proxaal oxaal 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum