Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know where I can decrease the height on the header for the slideshow? I want to make it small so as not to waste the space.

Here is what I am wanting to do:

Thanks

wiery Friend

ja.slideshow.css line 83 you’ll find .ja-slideshowdesc
    Add the line in red to it and make it as small as you want, say 50% to cut it in half or 25% to make it even smaller. Play with it until you get it where you like it.

.ja-slideshowdesc {
    background:transparent url(../images/trans-bg.png) repeat scroll 0 0;
    bottom:0;
    color:#FFFFFF;
    padding:10px 0;
    position:absolute;
    right:10px;
    width:83%;
    height:50%;
    z-index:10;
    }

vwrmic Friend

Thanks for the reply. I did exactly as you said though my code appears slightly different (I have got the newest version)

.ja-slideshowdesc {
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 0;
    right: 0px;
    z-index: 10;
    width: 84%;
    background: url(../images/trans-bg.png);
    padding: 10px 0;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

What you suggested doesn’t work, all it does is move the whole black box with text up or down, -10px takes it completley off. Any other suggestions?

Cheers!

wiery Friend

Ahh.. I see what you are trying to do. Move the text closer together but keep the box the same size. You can do that by going to the admin section of you site and editing the description parameters in the jaslideshow module. Basically back the paragraph tag of each description all the way up to the h3 tag leaving no spaces and on the same line. And make sure there is no space after the title before the h3 end tag.

Like this for example:

<h3>EndWar Exclusive Theater</h3><p>Pretium justo eu nisl orci Suspendisse Curabitur eleifend pretium Nam tincidunt.</p>

This should work for you. That will get it about as close together as it can be. Hope that helps.

vwrmic Friend

Thank you very much. Something which doesn’t require coding for a change! An easy fix.

Another question if you wouldn’t mind answering, the text seems to be transparent, is there anyway of changing this?

For instance if you look at GameSpots, you will see that the black part is transparent but the yellow header and white text description are solid, it makes it look nicer and easier to read.
    ht*p://uk.gamespot.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vwrmic 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum