Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

The slideshow link opens the article in the content area of the home page – but I want it to open a new page connected to the article or preferable to category content.

The demo for 1.5 would be fine but the demo for 1.7 shows the same issue I’m having. This won’t make sense to anyone since the article is below the fold. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated? Thank you all so much.

site is demo.camping.com. Directory is password protected.
    UN – camp2
    PW – bu77yvp81@y3r

John Wesley Brett Moderator

I’ve sent this up as a bug.
    Hopefully someone will have a work around for you soon.

kobryan Friend

thank you.

kobryan Friend

Do we have a fix?

Manos Moderator

<em>@kobryan 273481 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    The slideshow link opens the article in the content area of the home page – but I want it to open a new page connected to the article or preferable to category content.
    </blockquote>

Hi,

I can see that this article -> Featured RVing Articles and Camping News is published on category SlideShow and there is no menu item connected to that category. So if i am correct then joomla renders this to the home page as it should, you should assign a menu item for that category in order to achieve the result you want.

Regards

Manos

kobryan Friend

Thanks for the advice. I’ve created a menu and assigned the cat to it. Unfortunately I’m getting the same result. The 1.7 Demo on the JA demo server shows the same problem. Any other thoughts?

chavan Friend

Please post your admin details. I will try to resolve it

kobryan Friend

<em>@jwbrett 273491 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve sent this up as a bug.
    Hopefully someone will have a work around for you soon.</blockquote>
    Do you have nay further information?

Hayden A Friend

you need choose category slideshow avaible in main menu ( example: menu explore ) so when you click article in slideshow not layout home page

and you choose category availabe in main menu then click article in slideshow show layout home page because mockup of joomla 1.7

rvega Friend

Hi,
    Have you found the solution ? I have the same problem.

Do you use the “From the article” or “From image folder” option for the source ?

Thanks,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  rvega 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum