Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

By default the slide displays either text or images. The images functionality causes the navigation on the right to be thumbnails or numbers. I want the navigation to stay text.

More importantly, I want to include an image in the article, as you would expect to be done often.
    When I inserted the image, it placed a large image in the main frame, and then a thumbnail overtop on the bottom. The nav also used a thumbnail even though I turned that option off.

It just doesn’t seem to work correctly outside of the existing configuration.

Lastly, once I get the image working in the article. I thought I could replace it with a flash video.
    It will work like this: link 1 and 2 will be image promotions, and link 3 will be a video showing the promo.

raredesign Friend

I think the problem is that the object tag and section is being deleted by the Joomla editor. I am not sure why.

theniks Friend

<em>@raredesign 233267 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think the problem is that the object tag and section is being deleted by the Joomla editor. I am not sure why.</blockquote>
    Have you tried doing it with setting no editor in global configuration or for your user?

raredesign Friend

<em>@theniks 233289 wrote:</em><blockquote>Have you tried doing it with setting no editor in global configuration or for your user?</blockquote>

I set the editor to “none” and it still didn’t work. I have tried JCK and JCE as well.
    When I use either <iframe> or <object> they get stripped out. This is a joke. Why on earth would anyone want an editor to delete their script tags, iframe, object, applet, etc? Totally makes no sense! I can do this all day long with DotNetNuke.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello mate,

On configuration page of module JA Slideshow 2,
    You must add a tags that you want to display on this field “Include Tags”.
    Our module will remove all html tags that not in this list

raredesign Friend

<em>@thanhnv 233882 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello mate,

On configuration page of module JA Slideshow 2,
    You must add a tags that you want to display on this field “Include Tags”.
    Our module will remove all html tags that not in this list</blockquote>

I can’t find the module you are talking about. I see the “JA Slideshow Module” that was originally titled “Bright Ideas” or something like that.

I got the iframe to not be stripped out. It was joomla itself since the default article filter was set to blacklist. I didn’t know that existed since I came from an earlier version of 1.5.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<blockquote>I can’t find the module you are talking about. I see the “JA Slideshow Module” that was originally titled “Bright Ideas” or something like that.</blockquote>
    Yes, this module is named “Bright Business” (type ‘mod_jaslideshow2’).

<blockquote>I got the iframe to not be stripped out. It was joomla itself since the default article filter was set to blacklist. I didn’t know that existed since I came from an earlier version of 1.5.</blockquote>

On article manager page, click on parameters button, and on the form of popup window, please chose options as my attached image

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum