Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi

Have troubles with the Simple Slide Show and it only showing the first image and not going through the photos. Was wondering if anyone had seen this before. have tried to clean out the cache but no luck.

If anyone hasn’t seen this before does someone have a recommendation for a slide show plug that would work. Thanks

The web site is http://www.holiday-rentals-oz.com.au

Anita

gray Friend

Do you see any errors?
    If you switch to other template (by setting from Joomla back-end other default template), is slide show working OK?

asduncan Friend

Changed to anther template but no luck. Went back to Teline III and have lost the JA News Front Page plugin and my front page design has changed slightly.

I thought it was safe to switch between templates and go back again?

gray Friend

Yes, it should be safe, as you didn’t change anything in your files. Just settings in tables.
    Try to disable and enable again the JA News.

As regards Slide Show, if it does not work in different templates, the issue is in the plugin itself or its settings.

asduncan Friend

Thanks again for your reply.

I tried to find the module. No luck. Went away for a swim (it is 42 degrees centigrade here) and came back and there was the module with a wrong position. All fixed now.

I just tried the slideshow on another page:-

http://www.holiday-rentals-oz.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=391

and it works (excuse the layout of the images).

Move this article so that it is on the front page, position content_top, and it doesn’t work.

tried a blank test article with only the code {besps}simpleslideshow{/besps} and it doesn’t work.

So it is definitely the front page position.

gray Friend

I looked at the source code of the front page and page where it works OK.
    So, on the front page the slideshow code is being loaded 2 times. If you move the same article and double code appear on the front page, maybe it’s caused by JA News module? Try without it.

Also, one more assumption. Try do disable the calendar on from the front page. Maybe its JavaSript conflicts with the slideshow.

asduncan Friend

Tried disabling the calendar – made no difference.

I am sorry I am just a beginner :-[ – when I disable the JA Front Page then the article (with the embeded code for the slideshow) no longer displays.

What do I need to do to get this article to display? Am happy to read any relevant articles if you could just point me in the right direction. Thanks

Sherlock Friend

Dear asduncan,

I checked Your HTML Source code and see that you are using both mootools.js and jquery.js
    To avoid conflict between those two javascript librarys
    Please call jQuery.noConflict() at any point after jQuery and Mootools have been both loaded

May be it will fix the issue for you.

asduncan Friend

Thanks again for your reply.

A directory search and I found this file and information:-

Joomla 1.5 includes a copy of mootools.js which unfortunately conflicts with jquery. To resolve this issue, copy the file mootools.js from this folder into /media/system/js. Many thanks to Fotis Evangelou from JoomlaWorks for this contribution.

I have tried this without success.

I am sorry but I don’t know how to get to the code to make the necessary change. I go to Template, Edit HTML and there is no mention of mootools.js. I have FTP software but just cannot find the file that I need to add this information to and have just spent the last hour trying to do this.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  asduncan 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum