Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Can anybody help me setup Slide Show Pro or IF Gallery? I’m just not having much luck getting these to work properly.

For IF Gallery I emailed support and they said:
    “Please make sure your webserver php configurations has the GD Library installed.”

Doesn anybody know what this is?
    Anybody have any luck installing SlideShowPro?

Thanks!
    Jason

itguy Friend

The GD Library is required for most slide show components. Contact your host and ask them if the library is installed.

Here is a description of the GD Library:

GD is an open source code library for the dynamic creation of images by programmers. GD is written in C, and “wrappers” are available for Perl, PHP and other languages. GD creates PNG, JPEG and GIF images, among other formats. GD is commonly used to generate charts, graphics, thumbnails, and most anything else, on the fly. While not restricted to use on the web, the most common applications of GD involve web site development.

http://www.libgd.org/Main_Page

jasonre Friend

Thanks for the link. I figured out the problem with IF Gallery!

1) You need to go into your root directory on your server and find the php.ini file. Open it up to edit.
    2) Mine showed $ extensions=gd. Just remove the $ in the front.
    3) Save the file and it will work.

itguy Friend

Good info! Glad to hear you got it running. Thanks too for posting back so everyone can benifit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  itguy 17 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum