Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    i am new to joomla and how they setup all the modules and stuff like that, anyways i like this template and installed it on my site, but now it seems like i do have 2 problems:

1. The red and white box within the slide show doesnt show. I have entered a description text and set this to “always”. Do i need to make any additional setting so this red and white box shows up?

2. How can i get the login form into the topnavigation bar, like on your demo site?

Thansk for your help.

geof Friend

Hi
    If you are new to joomla why don’t use the “quickstart” installation?
    With this way you have installed the demo.

alemao59 Friend

Hi, because i want to understand joomla and i cant use the quickstart installation each time i change the layout… and i have already installed other things i have setup and i dont want to start all over again

geof Friend

I think It would help you if you had a parallel installation of a clear joomla with your template and quickstart.So you’ll be able to make comparisons

alemao59 Friend

i dont get this… why are you insisting me to make a quick start installation? is it so hard to get those things running? i have already noticed, the instructions how to install all this are very pure and mostly they recommend a quick start installation, unfortunately i have setup my site, with a special compoent i bought before i bought the templates here and it was a lot of work to setup the other component.

For now i have found out that i need to write the description in html code, just not sure where to find the padding and margin for the text or which tags to use for the text.

Thanks for your time.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Yes, we recommend installing the quickstart on your localhost for reference. The template settings are simpler, but module backend settings and demo menu settings are best understood, if you can view how the demo site is set up.

Please go ahead and install the quickstart on your localhost and use it as reference. Let me know if you need help in installing quickstart on your localhost.

Arvind

alemao59 Friend

Hi Arvind,
    i have solved the problem with the red and white box i just typed in the description in html and it shows up. Also i have adjusted the box to my needs via css. And i am sure i will gert behind the secret hopw the login is set up so it appears in the sub menu of the main navigation.
    Thanks.

alemao59 Friend

Hi Arvind,
    i made a quick start installation and it seems everything to be fine. The Login is there and working also the slideshow with the red/white box.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alemao59 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum