Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

It seems the template has this “Skip to content”

<a title=”Skip to content” href=”<?php echo getCurrentURL();?>#Content” style=”display: none;”>Skip to content</a>
    <a name=”Top” id=”Top”></a>

And do i really need this?
    what does it do

kallan Friend

Does it display anywhere on your site? Can you give a link.
    Usually it’s purpose is if you have a large header image / news flash you can click the skip to content and it will shift the page down to the start of the content section so you no longer see the top(unless you scroll back up)

I believe (and I could be wrong here) that it is mostly usefull if you have viewers on small screens that most of the screen would otherwise be taken up with image.

Hope this helps

Kiwidesign

drcoolj Friend

I cant post the URL as its on our corporate internal network
    I have the standard header.
    I noticed its on every page. even basic text pages.

Its just in the code, it doesn’t display, but when our spider spiders the site its showing 5 urls for every one url, just trying to limit this.

I found the code and remvoed it via the joomle template manager..

I just couldnt see why it was there and what it was for ty.

kallan Friend

I had a look in the template index file and it does shift the view to the main content part.

<a name="Content" id="Content"></a>

This occurs just above the main content box.

If you don’t like the look of it on your page then definately take it out – Probably best if you get both parts of the code though – the skip to content and the content a tag.

Cheers
    Kiwidesign

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Sure, you can totally remove these lines. However, it’s an accessibility feature we tried to implement in the template. “This is recommended for blind or visually impaired users, people who use screen readers, and also for text-browsers, mobile phones and PDAs.”

To read more about this, please refer to this link: http://www.webnauts.net/skip-to-main-content.html

and this link: http://www.w3.org/WAI/

drcoolj Friend

thanks for the info..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  drcoolj 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum