Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Firstly – navigating around this site (Joomlart) is near impossible. example

I made a comment on a thread – do you think i can now find it – No. maybe the Joomlart team deleted it?

My query was regarding a usable sitemap. Basically why does xmap get rejected by Joomlart? If i try to find out further info – maybe others have had similar problems – i can only find 2 or 3 threads. The answer in one of them is

“Pls try to find one in the list http://extensions.joomla.org/search?q=sitemap

Well i have tried all of the few available. None that can create a sitemap with details for K2 or Mosets!

This is where it really starts to make me unhappy >:(- nobody seems to care or answer any of these queries – what is the forum for? Please can i get some assistance.

Are sitemaps not necessary?

Thank you

Derek

himangi Friend

Hi denime,

Firstly if you want to find post you have started or posts you have made to other threads in JA forums, you can find those by clicking on your name at the top right corner, where you see Welcome yourname.. Once you are on your profile page, below your image /avatar, you can see Find All Posts and Find all started threads links.

Secondly, I checked xmap with couple of JA templates on joomla 1.5 and didnt face any problem. Can you please explain what exactly is the problem you are facing while using xmap with JA Business?

denime Friend

Hi Himangi

Thank you for your clear answer – i guess it isn’t so bad to get to posts – i did look at that page previously but i overlooked the ‘Find all posts’. I could explain some other navigational challenges – maybe another time though.:)

my one post did explain my problem –
    ‘Isee that the xmap folder reflects under the components. When opening xmap the first thing i see is

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ….sitenameadministratorcomponentscom_xmapcla ssesXmapConfig.php on line 59
    There is not created sitemaps yet

and under the extension section of xmap i see:
    Warning: Installing 3rd party extensions may compromise your server’s security.’

I did get a reply to this post but i was informed that ‘xmap is not a joomla product’ – which is a bit of a confusing answer really – it is clearly not a Joomlart product but it is the BEST xmap out there and (it seems) the only one that would create a sitemap suitable to my needs.:confused:

As i have stated – i would not give up the JA_Business template easily (it is fantastic) but without a decent sitemap – what am i to do. I hope you can guide me further.

Thank you

Derek

himangi Friend

Hi Derek,

Good to here ‘i guess it isn’t so bad to get to posts’ 🙂

Regarding the sitemap, the error you have mentioned is clearly a xmap issue, rather than any other extension you may have installed. I have checked on my installtion of J1.5 and I didnt get any error in Xmap component for Joomla1.5.

If you are using joomla 1.5, you shouldnt really get any issues, so I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the component. See that you are using the latest version, that may solve the issue.

If you are using the component for joomla 1.6, I see the Xmap version is still RC1, so it may have an issue. In that case I would suggest you to post the issue on their forums at http://joomla.vargas.co.cr/forum?view=forum&f=1

denime Friend

Hi

Thank you …. you have really assisted me…i guess the errors i had when installing made me believe that the issue was with Joomlart.

Much appreciated. 🙂

Derek

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  denime 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum