Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

<em>@Saguaros 318780 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi kongoi,

The load speed comes from so many reasons:
    – You could check your bandwidth again, in my end the load speed is not bad, I feel that I can access your site like others.
    – Is your host good enough? do you have any other site using this host so that it’s easier with a comparison.
    – And make sure that you turn on the cache so that your site will run faster.</blockquote>I have no problem with the host. All the other sites are working fine.

I have turned on the cache, so I do not think that is the issue. Things are getting so bad that I have to refresh the site several times every time I am saving a new article. Something is surely wrong somewhere, I have no doubt about this!

kongoi Friend

<em>@drarvindc 318798 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can also try this site to see more details about your site loading time and elements : http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

Regards

Arvind</blockquote>Not much of help. I get “The connection was reset” error from that site when I want to analyze!

Saguaros Moderator

You can try with this: http://www.webpagetest.org/

<blockquote> I have to refresh the site several times every time I am saving a new article. </blockquote>

You should clear T3 cache after create a new article. If your site is in deveopment stage, you can set Development Mode to Yes so that you can see changes immediately without clearing cache.

1. devmode
    kongoi Friend

<em>@Saguaros 318855 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can try with this: http://www.webpagetest.org/

You should clear T3 cache after create a new article. If your site is in deveopment stage, you can set Development Mode to Yes so that you can see changes immediately without clearing cache.
    </blockquote>Hi Saguaros, it seems like we are not understood. I have done all that is said here but the problem has not been solved. It is still there. I keep on getting “The connection was reset” error all the time. Strange enough this is happening only with this template!

tfosnom Friend

Kongoi
    The site loads as fast as any Teline site here in my country (Australia) a long way from Norway, this includes the JA Demo Teline site, analysing your site requests it shows a slow down fetching Google analytics, disqus information and the Facebook feeds.

If ppl are complaining to you the site is slow, you MUST ask them what is their connection speed and location, pls.

Some ppl are still on DIALUP in some countries, some broadband users are only accessing as 256 k plan users not the normally used 1200k speeds.

Without clear information from your users you may be chasing ghosts & spending way to much time resolving conflicts due to several persons on dialup running windows 3.1 at 640 x480 res using I.E 4 😀

Again despite your concerns, the site works fine fast and properly here. I cannot offer furthur suggestions as I am seeing no problem. If at your end you are getting lost connections or connection time outs, then it points to your internet provider as being poorly connected and at fault. checking minor things in your php.ini file such as memory allocation and raising from default 8m to 128 M may assist look for memory_limit: 8M

I hope you succeed in a solution.
    Shannon

kongoi Friend

<em>@tfosnom 318985 wrote:</em><blockquote>Kongoi
    The site loads as fast as any Teline site here in my country (Australia) a long way from Norway, this includes the JA Demo Teline site, analysing your site requests it shows a slow down fetching Google analytics, disqus information and the Facebook feeds.

If ppl are complaining to you the site is slow, you MUST ask them what is their connection speed and location, pls.

Some ppl are still on DIALUP in some countries, some broadband users are only accessing as 256 k plan users not the normally used 1200k speeds.

Without clear information from your users you may be chasing ghosts & spending way to much time resolving conflicts due to several persons on dialup running windows 3.1 at 640 x480 res using I.E 4 😀

Again despite your concerns, the site works fine fast and properly here. I cannot offer furthur suggestions as I am seeing no problem. If at your end you are getting lost connections or connection time outs, then it points to your internet provider as being poorly connected and at fault. checking minor things in your php.ini file such as memory allocation and raising from default 8m to 128 M may assist look for memory_limit: 8M

I hope you succeed in a solution.
    Shannon</blockquote>Hi Shannnon, thanks for your feedback. However, “The connection was reset” time out error when I am working from the backend is still persisting. The site might be loading faster but it is the errors that I have to endure every time I am working on an article or trying to publish either a module or plugin that keep on bothering me. My memory_limit is set to 128 M.

tfosnom Friend

Hi Kongoi
    I don’t know what to say,
    I occasionally get these kinda errors on my (WAMP) localhost if I’m using the 4 yr old laptop which is underpowered and only 3 gb memory and trying to save articles, or esp. going to the manage extensions area it just churns and churns then spits the dummy

I usually have to turn off some other program running to release enough computer system memory to work well. My only suggestion is: if you’re on an older less powerful computer with many programs running at once try turning off a few and retest, I use photoshop when running localhost and its a memory/cpu hog turning that off fixes the problem I described.

Hope it’s something as simple as that for you
    Blessings Shannon

kongoi Friend

<em>@tfosnom 319095 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Kongoi
    I don’t know what to say,
    I occasionally get these kinda errors on my (WAMP) localhost if I’m using the 4 yr old laptop which is underpowered and only 3 gb memory and trying to save articles, or esp. going to the manage extensions area it just churns and churns then spits the dummy

I usually have to turn off some other program running to release enough computer system memory to work well. My only suggestion is: if you’re on an older less powerful computer with many programs running at once try turning off a few and retest, I use photoshop when running localhost and its a memory/cpu hog turning that off fixes the problem I described.

Hope it’s something as simple as that for you
    Blessings Shannon</blockquote>Hi Shannon, I am on Mac OS X version 10.7.3. I bought it two months ago and it’s slick. I am quite sure that something is wrong somewhere with either the template or Joomla itself (I am running J! 2.5.4)!

mikel2004 Friend

I have the same problem. My site is http://comunidadzoom.com

I have a slow experience with less than 30 users and I need to have a big site for more than 1000 users.
    I use joomla 2.5
    So, what’s your best recommendation for config the server to obtain the best results with this template into the server?
    You have tips or ideas to improve the template’s performance?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

balgev Friend

<em>@mikel2004 325411 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the same problem. My site is http://comunidadzoom.com

I have a slow experience with less than 30 users and I need to have a big site for more than 1000 users.
    I use joomla 2.5
    So, what’s your best recommendation for config the server to obtain the best results with this template into the server?
    You have tips or ideas to improve the template’s performance?

Thanks a lot for your help!!</blockquote>
    after some diggings I came to a conclusion

1. caching system
    2. removing unnessecary JS, CSS….

mikel2004 Friend

Thanks balgev… but… I use JS and CSS template default.What could I delete?

I waiting for your reply. Thanks again

<em>@balgev 325413 wrote:</em><blockquote>after some diggings I came to a conclusion

1. caching system
    2. removing unnessecary JS, CSS….</blockquote>

mikel2004 Friend

Hi Arvind

How I can to know what files I must delete?
    (default css , js, external scripts and typo of Teline IV)

Thanks a lot, Mik

<em>@drarvindc 315621 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Amazon S3 component of ours allows using CDN (cloudfront) and also has option to update cache folder with cron job.. which can be set to lower limit to have regular update of cache on cloud. Running without cache on is bound to make the site slower. However, the main reason for slow site would still be the number of items it has to fetch (css , js, images, external scripts / social stuff).

If you are not using much of default typo of Teline IV, you can remove most of the items from the css file. That would help you decrease the HTTP requests and will help you speed up your site.

Arvind</blockquote>

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Mikel,

Try it on your own risk. Open the typo.css and check the corresponding images mentioned in the style sheet…. manually check and confirm if you use those typo in your site.. if not.. remove the unused css styles as blockquote and so on…

mikel2004 Friend

What’s the best configuration for the server?
    Nginx ?
    CPU?
    RAM?

abdul azeez Friend

Hi Kongoi, I saw ur Facebook Like I’m wonderin how did you get urs to work, mine is not working.

Tnx!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

This topic contains 35 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  j9oneill 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum