Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

On my home page when users select the search button in the template they see the search results displayed below the JA Slideshow Lite module which is only displayed on the home page menu item. What we desire to happen is for that module not to show when users are searching from the home page. This is because they have to scroll down to locate the search results such that their search result isn’t obvious. They may select search and then think that no results were returned. On all the other pages the search works perfectly because that slideshow module isn’t display there. We us SH404SEF for our URL creation. Any ideas on this? The page URL is http://www.ufcinc.com

Jim Hill, Digital Marketing Manager
    User Friendly Consulting, Inc.
    1401 Kings Highway, Winona Lake, IN 46590

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can follow step by step my suggestion below, it will help you to fix this problem

+ Go to Admin site -> Menu Items-> get Menu Item ID is appearing with Search ยป Search Form or Search Results

+ Go to Extensions-> Module Manager -> find Search module, see the screenshot

Remember to clear cache from admin area

1. Search_Config
    jimhill10 Friend

Thanks, I got this working per your recommendation using the built-on search. Cannot get this going with Smart Search but I’m happy it works this way at least. Thanks a lot. Never saw that option there. JMH

Jim Hill, Digital Marketing Manager
    User Friendly Consulting, Inc.
    1401 Kings Highway, Winona Lake, IN 46590

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jimhill10 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum