Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am using a JA FUBIX template. Site started experiencing some slowness recently. I have analysed the site with GTMetrix and Google PageSpeed Insights etc.

I have done a few things such as enabling GZIP compression, installing JCH Optimizer and setting it to optimum and the site is doing much better but I will like to improve on that. The main things I need to do now are to Leverage browser caching and Add Expires headers. Did some reading on these and added some code to my .htaccess file but the site took a long time to update so I went back to the old .htaccess file.

Will appreciate some help/suggestion on how I can do this effectively.
    Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello website speed depends on several factors .. like your server performance , external css/css .
    here are some links
    hope that will help you

http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/tools-and-tips-to-check-joomla-site-speed-and-improve-performance

http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla/joomla-speed.htm

mgl908 Friend

Thanks for the speedy response and links. Will go over them and see what I can add etc.

mgl908 Friend

Tried a couple of those without much luck. Will eventually have to look for a pro/developer. 🙂

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<blockquote>Tried a couple of those without much luck. Will eventually have to look for a pro/developer
    </blockquote>

There are different tools that will shows the different articles ,
    if you want to make your site fast , you need to optimise your css/js and most important , the images on your site .
    in most of the cases i saw users are using large size images that makes the page heavy ,
    also i suggested youto use less external css and js .
    Hope it helps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum