Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    For a few days now, one of my sites is not displaying properly. I am using the latest Joomla! 3.2.0 version on JA Portfolio.

I am not sure whether this is linked to the language translation or not (perhaps compatibility?). Please advise.

phong nam Friend

Hi iguinee,

I regret to say that the JA Portfolio template is not compatible totally on Joomla 3.2 yet and our template developers have been working to upgrade it to new Joomla 3.2 update.

Back to your question, your website is having a problem in loading the template layout and .css files on Joomla 3.2 which will take much support time of use to check out and give you stable fix in this case.

The temporary solution in this case is extracting the site’s backup to roll back the Joomla 3.1.5 and waiting our devs for the stable J3.2 update of this template.

iguinee Friend

Joomla! 3.2.1 is out and I am wondering if there is a timeline as to when these 3.1 templates would be updated to the latest Joomla! I guess NOT upgrading to the latest version of J! can leave our websites vulnerable (to the NSA & GCHQ) >:(

phong nam Friend

Hi iguinee,

As the report of Joomla, the J3.2.1 update just contains the bug fixes of Joomla 3.2 stable itself so that you can give it a try to update to this latest Joomla update. However, make sure you do take backup of site before updating.

iguinee Friend

Hi Leo,

The JA Portfolio has still not been updated to the Joomla! 3.2.x. The version available to download from the JA website is running on J! 3.1. Please see the attached file and check the download section. If a new version is available, I have not seen it yet.

Thank you for confirming.

1. J3.1
    phong nam Friend

Hi iguinee,

I am sorry for not paying to your question on J3.2 update of JA Portfolio. You are right. At this time, our template developers have been prioritizing to upgrade the templates of 2012 and 2011 year to new Joomla 3.2.

Right now, the latest update of JA Portfolio template is on Joomla 3.1 as you can see on download section.

We do hope that the new update of this template on J3.2 will be available as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest !

iguinee Friend

As I did not backup my files, would I be able to downgrade the Joomla! 3.2 to J! 3.1?

phong nam Friend

Hi iguinee,

Joomla does not support to downgrade to lower version and it will take a lot time of you to downgrade to Joomla 3.1. However I will outline the main steps you can follow:

– Backup the template modification in templates/ja_porfolio/ on current website
    – Export and backup the database, especially dos_content table
    – Install the new JA Porfolio J3.1 template and related extensions
    – Move/ import the modification and database to new site
    – Configure the template/ extension settings again

It is recommended to do these steps on localhost first, then you can move the website to remote server after finishing the downgrade.

iguinee Friend

I am still waiting for this template to be upgraded to the latest version of Joomla! in order to fix my website. The website has been offline since last year (now).

phong nam Friend

@iguinee: You know, our devs have prioritized to upgrade the 2011 year templates to newest Joomla update.

1. portfolio
    iguinee Friend

Hi @leo Burnetts

The link to the image attached is not working.

phong nam Friend

I have sent PM to you with a screenshot of our J3.2 template upgrading progress. Please check again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum