Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have just recently installed JA Purity II and everything appears to work fine, the name of my company and my slogan show up just fine . . . . that’s great!!!

BUT….

When I view the website on my PDA, handheld the title of my company is missing and the site slogan reads “SITE SLOGAN”???

I read an article on JA Purity (1) but the same code was not there. I have temporarily made the following changes to the following file, but there must be a better way to do this:

<?php else:
    $logoText = (trim($this->getParam(‘logoText’))==”) ? $config->sitename : $this->getParam(‘logoText’);
    $sloganText = (trim($this->getParam(‘sloganText’))==”) ? JText::_(‘SITE SLOGAN’) : $this->getParam(‘sloganText’);

$logoText = “AACR Locksmith”;
    $sloganText = “Quality you expect at a price you deserve”;

?>

I don’t have an iPhone nor a PDA, but I’m quite sure similar changes need to be made there.

Thanks,
    clif

korb Friend
    alaningus Friend

I would also like to know if there is a solution to this problem.

I’m not sure how the above reply answers the question, as the problem is not ‘how to enter the slogan’ but how to make it appear in the handheld/iphone template, which it doesn’t.

Any help would be appreciated.

Al

toymaker Friend

ok… there’s a problem in the parameter names for the header block in the handheld layout. The parameter is called “logoType-text-sloganText” but is being referenced as “sloganText” which returns the language file definition for SITE SLOGAN. Because this is not set in the language text file, the text SITE SLOGAN is returned. A similar thing happens to the Logo Text, but there’s no reference to a language file definition and so, null is returned.

As you can see, the code inside the template XML reads:

<param name="logoType-text-logoText" type="text" default="" size="50" label="Logo text" description="LOGO TEXT DESCRIPTION" />
    <param name="logoType-text-sloganText" type="text" default="" size="50" label="Slogan" description="SLOGAN DESCRIPTION" />

… and the header block for handhelds (layouts/blocks/handheld/header.php) reads the following;

$logoText = (trim($this->getParam('logoText'))=='') ? $config->sitename : $this->getParam('logoText');
    $sloganText = (trim($this->getParam('sloganText'))=='') ? JText::_('SITE SLOGAN') : $this->getParam('sloganText'); ?>

See the difference?

to fix, replace this last piece of code with the following:

$logoText = (trim($this->getParam('logoType-text-logoText'))=='') ? $config->sitename : $this->getParam('logoType-text-logoText');
    $sloganText = (trim($this->getParam('logoType-text-sloganText'))=='') ? JText::_('SITE SLOGAN') : $this->getParam('logoType-text-sloganText'); ?>

You can do the exact same fix for other PDA layouts.
    Hope it helps! 🙂

Peace,
    Gabriel

alaningus Friend

Thanks Gabriel.

That worked a treat 😀

Al

lauramba Friend

<em>@toymaker 177274 wrote:</em><blockquote> …. As you can see, the code inside the template XML reads: </blockquote>

Gabriel, maybe I am missing something but the templateDetails.xml file does not have the referenced code. Can you advise further?

toymaker Friend

<em>@lauramba 207830 wrote:</em><blockquote>Gabriel, maybe I am missing something but the templateDetails.xml file does not have the referenced code. Can you advise further?</blockquote>

Well.. It all depends on the template you are using and its version…
    But, at the end, what you need to take care of, is that the variable listed in your language file is consistent with the variable that is being called from inside your php code. Make sure the names match!! 😀

Peace,
    Gabriel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  toymaker 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum