Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

For a few weeks all seemed to be going just fine on our new newssite with the Teline III template. Than my logo was slowly disappearing from pages. First only on a couple of pages, now everywhere. Just gone. Not showing.
    The weird thing is that is I hover over the area where it used to show, the link to the homepage is still there and working, and the image mouse-tip-text is also showing when I hover over the area.

Any ideas anyone?
    It is the weirdest thing.

Chris

pavit Moderator

Hi

Please post a link to your site so we can see what’s happening

chrisdodutch Friend

frisbelegen.nl
    The logo is supposed to be in the header “FrisBelegen”. I cannot see the logo anywhere anymore.

pavit Moderator

<em>@chrisdodutch 319658 wrote:</em><blockquote>frisbelegen.nl
    The logo is supposed to be in the header “FrisBelegen”. I cannot see the logo anywhere anymore.</blockquote>

You have a really strange url for your logo in the template.css file

If you can send me via PM your account for the joomla administrator page i will try to fix your issue

pavit Moderator

Hi

I have disabled your CSS optimization and now the logo is showed correctly on your pages

Could you check and confirm ?

I have also noticed that your Joomla version needs to be updated to the last released, for your site security

chrisdodutch Friend

Hi Pavit!
    Wow! That worked!!! HURRAY!
    Now, how do I update the Joomla?
    Thank you SOOO much for your help with the logo!

Chris

chrisdodutch Friend

Do you by the way have any clue why the JA newsticker is acting so weird? Not updating and linking to a weird link. I cleared the cache but that did not help.

pavit Moderator

Hi

I have checked your module and it hasn’t any problem

Your problem is due to the fact that your uncorretly showed articles belongs to unpublished sections and categories

You have articles published in unpublished sections and categories you need to publish sections and categories if you want your articles showed.

chrisdodutch Friend

Hmm, that is the thing.
    I have just deleted all the junk that was still on there. Old things from the template, like old articles etc.
    Also deleted all the sections we didn’t use, and have totally cleaned up everything, including thrash.
    The weird thing is that the articles are in the right sections and categories. The JA newsticker will work for a few hours, and than (usually the next day) will all of a sudden link to a different link?! While at first it worked perfect.
    Also, when I have the whole ticker working, and add a new article and tell it it has to be shown on the frontpage (and thus the newsticker) it will not show. The ticker does not update like it did before (last week it worked perfect).

For example: the first article is pointing to ‘economie’>”financieel’. Both section and category are correct and published, but it does not work. Two days ago this link worked perfect.

It almost looks like the Newsticker updates automatically at night and than keeps the info, but links to weird links somehow.

Something fishy going on and I cannot seem te be able to fin dout what is wrong.

chrisdodutch Friend

Also, for example, on the frontpage in Newsticker: the story about “Maxima” is the same as all the way below in the section “Economie”. That link in the section on the page works! But the same story link in the newsticker does not work.
    It is the same story, and should show the same link.

Frisbelegen.nl

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chrisdodutch 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum