Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

how can i speed up site i did implement lazy load for images but site is moving too slow http://thecraycrays.com

Blaine Friend

I’ve run the site through YSlow and found the following:
    Grade F on Make fewer HTTP requests
    This page has 13 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.
    This page has 24 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.
    This page has 17 external background images. Try combining them with CSS sprites.
    Decreasing the number of components on a page reduces the number of HTTP requests required to render the page, resulting in faster page loads. Some ways to reduce the number of components include: combine files, combine multiple scripts into one script, combine multiple CSS files into one style sheet, and use CSS Sprites and image maps.
    Also, in Pinging the site I see that the page size is 1.5 MB and the main issue according to another mod named Pascm is that it takes a lot of time (almost 5 seconds) for the DNS to retrieve the site. this means that who ever has the DNS is having an issue.

Blaine Friend

I wanted to also add how nice a job I think you have done on the site, from colours to styling! Great work!

grb media works Friend

thank you guys so much i did test with yslow and see the issue am gonna have to adjust the htaccess as the client site is hosted on godaddy… @blaine yes thanks very much did an lot of working into it. am still working on it though get it running smoothly then i post in you guys site showcase

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  grb media works 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum