Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Yesterday, suddenly for no know reason to me, the site in Teline V template that had been working fine for the last 18-20 months started to look out of whack on Chrome browser under Windows 7. All other browsers were rendering the site without any problem. I tried to do a lot of things but it wouldn’t solve the problem. Out of frustration, I asked the host to restore the site from a day before. This went fine except it broke the site. Now the page is scrolling left and right and everywhere above the JA Advance Custom Module, it shows com_contentcategorycom_contentcategorycom_contentcategorycom_contentcategory repeatedly scrolling the browser to the left. See the image attached.

Also, it seems like the right sidebar column size is now narrow so some modules are going beyond the size of the sidebar.

Need help quickly in fixing this issue please.

Also, I have just renewed my plan and once the site starts working as it should , I will upgrade the site to the latest version of Teline V that I have just downloaded.

Let me know how should I send backend login info privately.

Would appreciate your attention quickly. Thanks.

Site name, login info and password with admin rights are added for the staff+Mod/Admin.

Edit – Also, on top of all articles, it shows: com_contentarticle.

Just to clarify one more time – If you open any article in Chrome, the sidebars disappear and the article goes from screen’s left edge to right edge with all the modules on the side bar moving below the article. This problem is only in Chrome.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by  ssinha.
    ssinha Friend

Hmm… no one?

ssinha Friend

Really guys??? Not one response in more than 30 hours? Anyone monitoring this forum? I was under the impression my subscription entitled me to some sort of tech support. Maybe I am not familiar with your working hours. Can you please tell me what time zone you are on so in future I’ll try not to post anything on weekends based on your time zones?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Sorry for the lateness as there is limited support on weekends, you should share the credentials of your site so we can take a look.

ssinha Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Here is how it looks from my side: http://nimb.ws/lvzoBK

I open other pages also but it looks fine, I mean the sidebar still there, not load under the content part.

ssinha Friend

Since you last posted, I completely wiped off the old site and reloaded on the server from the localhost. it is better than before but the template still needs a little adjustment, particularly all the side bars width. The current width on live site is 360 whereas on localhost it’s 390. I believe if we adjust this to 390 on live site, all problems would be solved. Help please. Thanks.

ssinha Friend

Ok, just noticed something interesting, this problem occurs only in Chrome on Windows 7 and no other browser. On Windows 10 using Chrome, it looks just fine, so does in IE, Microsoft Edge on all Windows versions, and Safari on Mac. So this seems to have something to do with the way Chrome is rendering in Win7.

This problem started a week ago for no apparent reason, perhaps a Windows update or Chrome for Windows update?

I would like some of you to test it on your computers if possible and if confirmed, would like to know if there’s any solution to it.

The good news is there’s nothing wrong with the web site as far as I can tell and this problem forced me to update the site to the latest Joomla version and Teline V version which was far overdue.

Thanks for your help.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you inspect element in Chrome that has 360px in width? I check in different PCs but it’s the same 390

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum