Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

When ever I click on a single article, it always opens on the same page. If I click on an article on the front page, than it loads on the front page under the JA Featured module. If I click on an article in a menu page, than the article opens in that menu page. The articles stopped opening in a new page. Any ideas? :((

Manos Moderator

Hi,

It looks like it’s a SEF issue, please let me know if you have renamed your htaccess.txt file to .htaccess (there is a dot before the file name).

jakubd Friend

Thank you for your quick reply. I’m on a huge time crunch. Yes, it seems that the htaccess file in the Joomla directory was changed to “.txt”. I changed it back with the period in front of it, but it still seems to be doing the same thing. Is it supposed to end with .txt?

Manos Moderator

Hi,

The file name should be ( .htaccess) but since you changed it and the problem remains then i guess my friend Phill was right!
    For the articles that show on frontpage you must have a menu item for this category otherwise Joomla renders this as a home page article and that’s why you get this problem.

Please let me know if there is anything else i can do to help you.

Regards

jakubd Friend

Sorry, I just realized that all of the new articles that I created are in fact not tied to menu items. How do you tie all articles in a certain category to a menu without having to create a new menu for every individual article?

jakubd Friend

Never mind, I figured out how to make it work. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. You are a life saver.

Manos Moderator

You are most welcome! Please let me know if this is considered as solved for you (you can mark the thread as solved if your answer is yes)

Regards

jakubd Friend

Yes, I think it should be ok now. I just marked the thread “solved”. Thanks again. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jakubd 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum