Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve found that updating the favicon.ico on various JA Templates can be quite a challenge. I would suggest one method across all templates. If you scan the forums here you will see various suggestions as well as several versions of what worked for different templates. These range from /templates/ja_*/images/ to /plugins/system/images

Pretty ridiculous… my suggestion would be just to reference the web root for the site and the joomla admin root for the admin. Then we don’t have to go rooting around every time a site is updated! What a massive waste of time.

Marquis Davis Friend

<em>@xenocast 220666 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Pretty ridiculous… my suggestion would be just to reference the web root for the site and the joomla admin root for the admin. Then we don’t have to go rooting around every time a site is updated! What a massive waste of time.</blockquote>

Amen! Im having this same problem with JA Teline IV. From what I have gather there are three locations total for the JA templates. I have changed all of them… cleared all cache everything and still the JA favicon is still on the front end. This seems like an compulsive and overlooked issued! Please Help

lndesigns Friend

I concur… Favicon is a major part of a site’s element.

I would have assumed that all favicon’s access would be the same throughout the same platform provided by a specific company. If joomlart want’s to have the favicon located in the plugin directory (weird… but ok..)… let them ALL be in the plugin directory.

ALSO.,.. not really sure WHY they don’t state openly in their documentation WHERE and HOW to change the favicon since they’ve changed the STANDARD way of changing the favicon in Joomla….

Major yet simple oversight…. Hope this takes is heard by the developers… :confused:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lndesigns 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum