Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi guys

Pleased to say my site is nearly finished – so thanks for all you guys help.

I have just one problem

On my ad hoc projects page (http://www.jamesedwardsdesign.co.uk/ad-hoc) it is working fine – I just want to make it so that when you click a project it does not go to an article. When you click the image I just want it to do nothing, no link. Is this possible?

Many thanks
    James

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

In Joomla, if you want to view article individually, that article must be assigned to a menu item.

Please create a new menu item (or use an existing one) and assign article (or category that article belongs to) to this new menu item and also make sure that you don’t assign any module to this menu item

Regards

james_edwards Friend

Hi – sorry I think you mis read my question. When I click a link on the ad hoc page I do NOT want it to go to a article – I would like it to just do nothing.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I spent a lot of time to find the solution with your request

Open templates/ja_jason/html/com_content/category/isotope_item.php file

find and change

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.intro_image', array('images'=>$this->item->images, 'params'=>$this->item->params, 'url'=>$link)); ?>

to

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.intro_image', array('images'=>$this->item->images, 'params'=>$this->item->params, 'url'=>'')); ?>

Hope it helps

james_edwards Friend

Thankyou! It works – but I want to be able to still click on links to my portfolio page on the homepage (www.jamesedwardsdesign.co.uk/portfolio) and not click on links on ad hoc page. I have tried copying the template style but it does not have any different files. Do you have any idea?

Thankyou so much

Ninja Lead Moderator

I spent a lot of my time to find the solution for you.

Open templates/ja_jason/html/com_content/category/isotope_item.php file

find and change

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.intro_image', array('images'=>$this->item->images, 'params'=>$this->item->params, 'url'=>$link)); ?>

to

<?php
    if (JFactory::getApplication()->input->get('Itemid')== 149) {
        echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.intro_image', array('images'=>$this->item->images, 'params'=>$this->item->params, 'url'=>''));
    }
    else {
        echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.intro_image', array('images'=>$this->item->images, 'params'=>$this->item->params, 'url'=>$link));
    }
    ?>
    james_edwards Friend

Ninja Lead… Thankyou very very much! Works perfectly 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  james_edwards 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum