Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello Everyone,

I am learning Joomla web development therefore please excuse my small questions. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1. I would like to customize the homepage where the sidebar/position 5 ends at the same level as slideshow.

I only need the above 2 modules so I disabled the other modules but I can see the empty space below the 2 modules.

Also, how do I remove this ‘HOME” followed by blank space so that I can directly shift up position 4/6/8. I believe that is message and component module.

2. In which file can I change the background color, remove that ”HOT” logo, define the size etc of the above two modules in position 5?

3. I am always searching forums for answers and there was one post suggesting change made by users should be saved in the custom.css file. But why and how it works?

4. Lastly, in which file I can change the width, length and positioning of different modules (seen under template manager/layout/module positions) and how are the dimensions associated with the SPAN 1/2/3….. etc?

Thank you,
    Ryan

1. Custom
    2. Custom2
    Stork11 Friend

Hello Ryan,

1, 2. Can you PM me with your site information (your site URL, your site admin account) and your FTP account? Then I can help you out. Please also include this forum thread URL in your PM, so I can follow it.

3. It’s T3 framework workflow. When you add overridden styles into custom.css file, they will override JA Mero style.

4. Width of span 1/2/3… is defined by Bootstrap and you can’t change it. It’s width of 1 grid in Bootstrap.

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum