Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

This issue often due to the wrong HTML markup of page. Try to access backend settings of 2 above content item and remove one by one paragraph in each item and see which one causes issue.

david Friend

The website has a sidebar position to the right where I published two modules (Google Adsense ad and social networks plugins). In the majority of the items that I have published those modules are correctly shown on the right side of the website but in some items the sidebar modules are at the bottom which looks very bad.

The only thing that is different from the generated source code in Google Chrome (I copied the code and compare the two files with Meld Diff Viewer) is this:

#k2Container{padding:0 0 24px 0}.clr{clear:both;height:0;line-height:0;display:block;float:none;padding:0;margin:0;border:none}.even{padding:2px}.odd{padding:2px}

That text after .clr{clear…. is the only difference. The articles that have the issue do not have that portion of code. The articles that are working fine have it. So I think it is like a template reaction to the lack of that portion of code. K2 is the one that I think is causing the issue in the first place but I don’t know if it is for the template to do that.

Thank you very much for your help.

Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    david Friend
    Saguaros Moderator
    david Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Let me make an example for this page: https://robustiana.com/118-texmakermanual

You can try to access backend setting of this K2 item and manually add each paragraph of content one by one again. You then will find out which paragraph caused issue.

For example, initially, I remove all content, add each paragraph and see that this part cause issue:

<p>\begin{enviroment}</p>
    <p>·</p>
    <p>\end{enviroment}</p>

You can apply the same process

david Friend

Thank you @saguaros! I understand that it is not a template issue now. Sorry to bother you with that and thank you very much for helping even when you did not have to. I will take a look at the code of those items. In this case I deleted that part and the sidebar keeps showing at the bottom after cleaning cache and everything but I will do it again following the steps that you recommend. Thank you again, and you can mark this question as solved.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  david. Reason: spelling
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  david 6 years, 5 months ago.

The topic ‘Sidebar 2 position change under same conditions’ is closed to new replies.