Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi 🙂

I have a test here: http://testeside.com/ and I wonder how I can get the sidebar-1 showing (a calendar) with responsive layout Small and Extra Small also. With responsive layout Large and Medium the sidebar-1 shows (I have turned on sidebar-1 for all responsive layouts, Large, Medium, Small and Extra Small).
    It is importent that the content in sidebar-1 is avaialble even in small and extra small devices.

In this tread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/sidebar-disapear-when-smaller-size/ I see some simular problem. I tried doing the same with one-sidebar-right.php that is suggested for one-sidebar-left.php, but things got messed up a little bit.

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

Ninja Lead Moderator

I debugged on your site and saw Sidebar-1 position still exists hidden-xs css style, that’s why sidebar-1 position was hide

You can go to Admin site -> Extensions -> Template Manager -> JA Medicare (default-content-right) -> Layout tab -> Responsive layout -> Extra Small and Small tabs

1. Screen-Shot-2015-02-21-at-21.58.23
    toloekka Friend

Thanks a lot for your help again Ninja Lead, you are a very good resource 🙂

But after doing what you suggest, I got the sidebar to the left side. I will still have it in the right.

(After saving I also got the modules Main Menu in position-1 and Breadcrumbs in position-2 visible, but I unpublished them so that is OK).

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

toloekka Friend

Hi again 🙂

I do not understand that when I adjust something in “default-content-right” or in “default-content-left” (after some test adjustments), the sidebar-1 shifts from the left to right side of the webpage. What is controling that?

And when I randomly got sidebar-1 in the right side of the webpage the sidebar-1 wont show on iPad portrait view. In iPad lansdcape the sidebar-1 shows.

And when I randomly got the sidebar-1 in the left side of the webpage, the sidebar-1 now shows on iPad portrait view.

It is obviously something I do not understand here or are doing wrong – sorry. :((

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

Ninja Lead Moderator

I hope my explain below will help you to understand.

+ default-content-right(main content right and sidebar left) and default-content-left(main content left and sidebar right) are different layouts.

+ I checked sidebar-1 position in mobile and iPad portrait and saw it shows below main content, see the screenshot

1. Screen-Shot-2015-02-24-at-11.35.38
    toloekka Friend

Hi and thanks again Ninja Lead, your explanation is good. 🙂

But why is it so that when I choose default-content-left the calendar in sidebar-1 shows below main content in iPad portrait, but when I choose default-content-right the calendar in sidebar-1 shows on the side of the main content, not below. I would like to show it at the side of the main content, not below and use default-content-left.

No as you can see the layout is default-content-right to show you that the calender in sidebar-1 is on the side of the main content in iPad portrait view.

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

Ninja Lead Moderator

My solution above works with default-content-right layout and default-content-left layout you have to work with the solution below

You can go to Admin site -> Extensions -> Template Manager -> JA Medicare (default-content-left) -> Layout tab -> Responsive layout -> Extra Small and Small tabs

1. Screen-Shot-2015-02-25-at-11.48.36
    toloekka Friend

Thanks again for your help 🙂

I have tried the best I can now and I am positive that sidebar-1 (and sidebar-2) is set on auto/visible for all the responsive layouts for default-content-left and for default-content-right.
    But now I see that in responsive layout small for default-content-left the sidebar-1 (and sidebar-2) have an another position than for responsive layout small for default-content-right. I thought that default-content-right just was mirrored for default-content-left, but it isn’t.

Here is an example (two attachments) for responsive layout small for default-content-left and default-content-right where for default-content-left the sidebar-1 (and sidebar-2) is placed below the position message and component. But for default-content-right the sidebar-1 (and sidebar-2) is placed to the left of message and component positions.
    So maybe it isn’t possible to get sidebar-1 to the right side for responsive layout small with default-content-left?

For responsive layout extra small I see that sidebar-1 (and sidebar-2) have the same position for both default-content-right and default-content-left. But that’s ok as long as they behave alike I think.

Kind regards
    Tom Løkka

1. default-content-left-small-spotlight-3
    2. default-content-right-small-spotlight-3
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Let me know which menu item is working with default-content-left layout, I will help you to check sidebar-1 position directly on your site. Please pm me the credentials info: URL of your site and admin login.

toloekka Friend

I hope you understand my explanation, I am not that good in english. 🙂

It is only one issue left I would like to achive, and that is with default-content-left with layout/responsive layout small.
    I will have sidebar-1 to the right side of the main content (with iPad portrait), not below like it shows now.

Or to put it another way. default-content-left examples:
    The sidebar-1 is placed to the right side of the main content in layout/responsive layout large and medium and this is how I will have it.
    With layout/responsive layout small the sidebar-1 show below main content (with iPad portrait) and that is NOT how I will have it. I will have it to the right side of the main content like it is for layout/responsive layout large and medium.
    With layout/responsive layout extra small the sidebar-1 show below and that is ok I think since the screen size then is to small to have the sidebar-1 to the right side of the main content.

(With default-content-right the sidebar-1 show to the side of the main content in layout/responsive layout small (with iPad portrait) and not below. I will have default-content-left to act the same way).

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

Ninja Lead Moderator

I fixed sidebar-1 position in the default-content-left layout to show likes as default-content-right layout, you can check it again, let me know if it helps

toloekka Friend

Hi and thank you once again 🙂

If I save the layout as default-content-right, it show how I want it. Now the sidebar-1 is at the right side of main content also in iPad portrait.

But the name default-content-right is now misleading, the main content shows to the left and the sidebar-1 to the right. But the name misleading does not really matter so long it works. 🙂
    (default-content-left also shows the main content to the left and the sidebar-1 to the right).

What did you do?

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

toloekka Friend

Hi again.

I have tested some things on a local site and I have manage to get it how I want to show the sidebar-1 in iPad Portrait (layout-responive Small). But I am not sure if the adjustment that I did is a good way to do it thow.
    I am using default-content-left and here is what I did.

In the file mainbody-content-left.php I saw that the files two-sidebar-right.php, one-sidebar-right-with-mastcol, one-sidebar-right (and no-sidebar.php) was loaded.

In the file one-sidebar-right.php in templates/ja_medicare/tpls/blocks/mainbody I adjusted col-sm-12 to col-sm-8:
    <!– MAIN CONTENT –>
    <div id=”t3-content” class=”t3-content col-sm-8 col-md-9″>
    <?php if($this->hasMessage()) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”message” />
    <?php endif ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />
    </div>
    <!– //MAIN CONTENT –>

I then got the sidebar like this. See attachment “iPad-Portrait.jpg”.

When I look in the layout/responsive-layout Small, it still looks the same as how it was default. See attachment “spotlight-default.jpg”.

Then I open the file two-sidebar-right.php in templates/ja_medicare/tpls/blocks/mainbody and adjusted col-sm-12 to col-sm-8 as I did for one-sidebar-right.php.
    <!– MAIN CONTENT –>
    <div id=”t3-content” class=”t3-content col-sm-8 col-md-8 col-lg-6″>
    <?php if($this->hasMessage()) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”message” />
    <?php endif ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />
    </div>
    <!– //MAIN CONTENT –>

Then in the layout/responsive-layout Small it looks like this. See attachment “spotlight-adjusted.jpg”.

Is this something that I can do without any “hidden” problems, problems that can occur later? I adjust to col-sm-8 from col-sm-12 also in the file one-sidebar-right-with-mastcol.php, but I cant see any changes when adjusting this file.

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

1. iPad-Portrait
    2. spotlight-default
    3. spotlight-adjusted
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I did not change default-content-right layout and only fix the default-content-left layout on your site. I checked directly on your site and saw from backend of your site is working default-content-right layout

I’m misunderstanding what you are trying to do on your site.

+ Which layout did you make on your site?
    + What the problem did you get on your site?

You can clarify me about that with the screenshot and describer. It would help to understand the issues and give you specific answers.

toloekka Friend

I hope I explain good enough now. I not that good in english 🙂

So you did not change the default-content-right layout? Strange since with default-content-right layout it now shows how I want it in iPad portrait view (but default-content-right do not show the main content to the right as the name implies). So I was sure that you have done something with default-content-right layout. What have happend, hhmmmmm?
    The only things I have adjusted in the template/layout is to set the sidebar-1 to show for responsive layout small and extra small, both for default-content-right and default-content-left some days ago.

Now I saved it with default-content-left again. The sidebar-1 still dont show to the right side of main content in iPad portrait view as I would like to have it, it is pushed below main content.
    I checked the site here http://www.responsinator.com/ and on my own iPad and they looks the same.
    (But with default-content-right the sidebar-1 strangely shows to the right side of main content in iPad portrait view).

You can test and save as you like on this testsite.

Here is how I want it in iPad portrait view.

Here is how I not want it in iPad portrait view.

Kind Regards
    Tom Løkka

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  toloekka 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum