Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I’m trying to get a menu to sit next to my images of products on the template. But I cannot seem get any menu module in the same position as the Virtuemart products for some reason.

Can you please advise on to what position theses VM items are in so I can have my main menu next to the products.

Image attached of a menu on the page – in the sidebar-1 position (but it is above where I need it to be)

Thanks

sites page: http://ch1vph.xyz/ri2k/index.php/purses/flap-purses

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  Ch1vpH.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  Ch1vpH.

1. sidemenu
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

At this moment, there is only ‘sidebar-1’ position on the left there. If you want the module menu display next to the products section, you need to add some style for it.

For example, to show the current sidebar menu, you use this rule:

#Mod118.t3-module.module {
        padding-top: 380px;
    }

add into the file: [root]/templates/ja_brickstore/css/custom.css

Regards

Ch1vpH Friend

Hi there,

Thanks for the idea with padding but it doesn’t sit next to the page content (on the right) very well, especially when using different screen sizes….it also doesn’t move up and down with the products when scrolling.

So could you tell me if there’s anyway to a) have the menu without the padding (so it’s positioned at the top right) but it moves down the page as you scroll?? Or b) is there any way to have the top nav-bar menu ‘sticky’ so it moves down with the page as you scroll??

Please advise,

Chris

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Chris,

To achieve that you will need to use javascript code for the sidebar, there is no default settings for this.

Regards

Ch1vpH Friend

Ok thanks I wouldnt know where to start with JavaScript what about my only other option b)

”is there any way to have the top nav-bar menu ‘sticky’ so it moves down with the page as you scroll”

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

You can hire a developer to get it done for you.

For the sticky menu, could you create a new topic for this question, it would be helpful if others have the same concern.

Ch1vpH Friend

Hi there – I have started a separate post for Top nav-bar menu ‘sticky’ titled the same on forum…

But just back to the side menu, could you possibly let me know how I would expand that menu to show all the items inside the menu without having to click on them to display a dropdown menu?

Also can you please tell me if the search box across the top of the page can stretch the whole fullwidth of the page as it did before adding the menu??

Example screenshot attached…

Many Thanks!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  Ch1vpH.

1. searchbar-extmenu
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Did you remove the sidebar menu? as I don’t see it now: http://ch1vph.xyz/ri2k/index.php/purses/all-purses/flap-purses

Kindly check the backend settings of that menu module and see if there is option to show sub-menu items by default.

For the search, I see it’s showing in full-width now.

Regards

Ch1vpH Friend

Hi there,

Sorry the page with menu and search box issue is now:
    http://ch1vph.xyz/ri2k/index.php/handbags/cross-body-bags

As for the menu module it is already set to ‘sub-menu items’ but does not seem to show all just the dropdown menu style.

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

For the search box, it would be hard as it comes with the main content of VM in this page and as you can see it displays fully in content block only. To have it covers whole page over sidebar, you will need to have a search module in a position over main content part.

For the menu module, could you share the admin account here so I can check?

Ch1vpH Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

I’m afraid that it will require a bit jQuery here. What you think if it can be open the dropdown on hover? Try with this css rule:

#Mod118 .nav-stacked > li + li.dropdown:hover .dropdown-menu {
        display: block;
    }
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum