Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am so sick and tired of these useless, bloated, and slow Joomlart templates. Regular every day people are not interested in getting these ridiculous complicated “Platforms” and “frameworks”…. we just need simple multipurpose templates with intuitive back-end controls.

Every time I use one of your “state of the art” simple themes I end up spending hours of my time wasted looking for answers on your site. (very convenient to up the bounce rate )

Simple example…… how do you change the color of the Uber theme’s footer? I took my time and searched, most of the material I found on your site did not match what I saw on my 3.3 site.. went ahead and made the changes as closely to your description as possible and nothing happen.

How about this type of user interface … Footer>color>chose>save.

Sick and tire of your slow, user unfriendly, bloated templates. >:(

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Thomas,

I am already working on the docs improvement to address the exact issue you have mentioned. Although our documentation now covers each and every setting for each layout but it can still be daunting task to find the desired section in the docs, It is especially true for the Uber template as it is vast due to so many layouts.

<blockquote>Simple example…… how do you change the color of the Uber theme’s footer? I took my time and searched, most of the material I found on your site did not match what I saw on my 3.3 site.. went ahead and made the changes as closely to your description as possible and nothing happen.

How about this type of user interface … Footer>color>chose>save.</blockquote>

That I am afraid would be under customization and you can always use the firebug to see the css file to edit. For Uber footer the thememagic is not being used as Uber is using ACM module for most of the special styles.

We would gladly help you point such edits or even do it for you, you can always ask the same in forums giving specific screenshots with arrows to show the area you want to customize.

Template framework can be challenging to begin with but you can always depend on us for resolution of your issues.

As I was saying about further improvements in the documentation. I am working on to add another section to docs for each template, which will have full size screenshots of all special layouts with hotspot linked to the specific sub-heading covering configs for that specific module or area. That I am sure will really bring down the time spent in searching the whole docs.

Here is what it looks like :

We have consistently improved our documentation ,even moved them from forums to a dedicated site online and we welcome frank feedback as yours above, It helps us to isolate the shortcomings and we can thus try to fix the same.

I hope to implement the proposed improvement to the documentation by next month.

Regards

Arvind

1. 2167304491
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum