Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello all,

My name is Scott Lavelle and I own a company called Technical Resource Solutions in Canton, Ga (USA). We do Small Biz IT Support, Web Design and Development, and Computer Training.

I am SO glad that I found the T3 framework to develop websites on. I have finally gotten around to building our own website around this framework. This was originally done in Xara Designer Pro, and I wanted to continue the same design, but extend my capabilities with Joomla.

The result looks and functions almost exactly as I wanted and makes the site easier for our other employees to update, and adds other features that just weren’t available.

Of note, we have a vertical scroller on the home page (Gavick), a multi-user Blog (K2), a website design portfolio (that’s not completely populated yet, also K2 based), and an Event signup system based on Ohanah 2.0 that allows for full page calendars, lists of events, event details, registartion (including Paypal IPN) and many other features.

I’d love to get some feedback on this T3 customization and we are also looking for some more people to “Like” our Facebook page to help us spread the word about our design services.

http://www.technicalrs.com

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Blaine Friend

Looks nice. Keep up the good work!

sunrise Friend

Simple, to the point, easy to navigate, good color combination. Great Work.

TomC Moderator

<em>@slavelle 306943 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I’d love to get some feedback on this T3 customization and we are also looking for some more people to “Like” our Facebook page to help us spread the word about our design services.

http://www.technicalrs.com</blockquote>
    First of all, I am very impressed with the “finding/using exactly the supplemental extensions/enhancements you wanted from multiple sources” approach you employed toward creating the ultimate result website you envisioned and wanted. JoomlArt has fantastic templates and some really dynamic extensions . . . but let’s face it, we don’t have everything one might want/need as part of one’s envisioned/desired website experience.

If I may, respectfully, offer some constructive criticism on something I notice when paging through your site . . .

As an example of what seems to be the cascading theme throughout the site – and taking your “Web Design Process” page (http://www.technicalrs.com/web-design/our-web-design-process.html) as the representative example . . . . . . . . for myself, as a viewer and seeker of information, the presentation of the information doesn’t necessarily grab my attention at first glance. In my personal (albeit constructively critical) opinion, it’s somewhat flat and bland. Even something as relatively simple as some basic html formatting could enhance the “eye grab” factor of the content – for example (from your site) . . .

HOW IT LOOKS NOW:

What is it going to look like?

[FONT=Tahoma !important]With only a few seconds to capture the attention of a website visitor, you want your site to look good. You don’t want to just look like everyone else, but you do want to be in style and current.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma !important]Do you have established “branding”? If so, we will work to build a site that flows with the image of that branding, using elements of it where we can, and sticking with a color scheme that matches or compliments it. We also work well with your marketing company to make sure that your look is consistent from paper to web.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma !important]
    If you don’t have an established look already, we can help you create one – it’s an important part of any business.
    [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma !important]
    ————————————————————————————————-

A SIMPLE SUGGESTED STYLING TWEAK:

[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma !important]What Is It Going To Look Like?
    [FONT=Tahoma !important]
    With only a few seconds to capture the attention of a website visitor, you want your site to look good. You don’t want to just look like everyone else, but you do want to be in style and current.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma !important]Do you have established “branding”? If so, we will work to build a site that flows with the image of that branding, using elements of it where we can, and sticking with a color scheme that matches or compliments it. We also work well with your marketing company to make sure that your look is consistent from paper to web.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma !important]If you don’t have an established look already, we can help you create one – it’s an important part of any business.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma !important][FONT=Tahoma !important]

————————————————————————————————-

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma !important][FONT=Tahoma !important]Sometimes a relatively simple formatting modification can make all the difference in emphasizing what and where you want any given reader to focus. In fact, you very aptly said it yourself . . . . “With only a few seconds to capture the attention of a website visitor, you want your site to look good. You don’t want to just look like everyone else, but you do want to be in style and current.

Please don’t get me wrong, I am most definitely not insinuating that you need to add all kinds of superfluous flair and widgets to your site – you definitely do not. All I am saying – again, respectfully and constructively – is that it seems to me that a touch of additional formatting here and there . . . maybe even some additional touches of color here and there . . . could very well enhance the “first few seconds” curb-appeal of your site – especially considering your target audience includes those seeking website development/design services. If the Designer’s own website is somewhat visually monotone and bland, then a potential client may foster an initial impression that this is the Designer’s overall style method. (Am I making sense, or does that come across as a jumbled load of mush)?

Again, and I cannot stress this point strongly enough, I offer my feedback and thoughts in the most respectful and constructive way possible. The bottom line is that this is YOUR website – and if YOU are pleased and confident in it as is, then that is all that matters.

CONGRATULATIONS . . . and GREAT JOB !!![/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma !important][FONT=Tahoma !important]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Scott Lavelle Friend

Thanks for the feedback thus far.

Tom – That particular page came over from our previous site and I did very little to add anything to it. It actually happens that that’s the common h2 used throughout the site. Maybe I’ll change it overall, maybe just there, maybe not at all – as that page may get a whole new layout anyway. I had to “pick a time” and post the site, finally, as it’s been waiting on everyone else’s sites to get done as it is! 🙂

Since Joomla allows for such easy modifications, updates, changes, etc, it gives me a lot of flexibility to do these sorts of changes and see how they look sitewide or easily make exceptions to the rules with pretty-easy-to-deploy css overrides.

Thanks again for the comments – and please keep them coming.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Blaine Friend

I think it’s Kick-A** and wouldn’t change a thing! GREAT WORK!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Blaine 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum