Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi i am trying to view module positions but it does not work, i am not using the quickstart, i just have installed the template.

mydomain.com/index.php?tp=1 doesn’t work.

klombard52 Friend

Hi Kayz,
    I’m fairly new at 2.5 myself, but I learned that the ?tp=1 option is turned off by default.
    You need to go to Extensions > Template Manager > click “Options” button at the top > select “Preview Module Positons = Enabled”
    Kathy

kayz Friend

<em>@klombard52 300071 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Kayz,
    I’m fairly new at 2.5 myself, but I learned that the ?tp=1 option is turned off by default.
    You need to go to Extensions > Template Manager > click “Options” button at the top > select “Preview Module Positons = Enabled”
    Kathy</blockquote>

Thank you this has now worked. I also notice after enabling module preview there are only 5 module positions available? There is a big one in the middle and top however it is not highlighting any near the center or the sides…

klombard52 Friend

I’m not real clear on the naming of the module positions, so I had to do trial and error.
    Looks like if you assign a module position5 or position7, it will show up on the right side.
    I have just begun playing with this template myself, so I’m most likely not doing it the recommended way.
    Here’s the grid and layout documentation, but I find it confusing because it’s not in a format we are used to with Joomla templates (i.e., this space is user1, this space is left, etc.). Maybe someone else will chime in?

http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Elastica/Grid_and_Layout

swissa Friend

<em>@klombard52 300143 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m not real clear on the naming of the module positions, so I had to do trial and error.
    Looks like if you assign a module position5 or position7, it will show up on the right side.
    I have just begun playing with this template myself, so I’m most likely not doing it the recommended way.
    Here’s the grid and layout documentation, but I find it confusing because it’s not in a format we are used to with Joomla templates (i.e., this space is user1, this space is left, etc.). Maybe someone else will chime in?

http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Elastica/Grid_and_Layout</blockquote>

This is NOT a normal JA template. It doesn’t use the normal T3 module setup. It is based on Masonry and it is responsive so the modules flow.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/none-of-the-modules-work-is-it-because-the-template-is-free/#post-437939

Hope that helps you! It’s a great template but it is specially designed to be responsive to the browser and the browser size!

klombard52 Friend

Hi Swissa,
    Yes, I should have mentioned as such in my reply to kayz. It doesn’t behave like what we’re used to, which is the beauty of it.
    I looked through documentation and remember reading somewhere about position5/7 but couldn’t find it when I needed to reference it.
    Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  klombard52 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum