Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I’ve made a login button in a menu for registered users so they can access articles "for members only".
    I’didn’t use the joomla-login module in a position, but made a button that opens a login page.
    Loggin in works fine and users can get to their special content.

But I can’t get the (user)name to show up in the Teline V template.
    I’d like to have something like "Welcom, John Doe".

How can this be solved?

Thanks!
    Werner

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Werner,

Do you mean that after user logged in that login button should show that welcome text? I suggest you to use a login module to handle that.

frankgabriels_1961 Friend

Hey Saguaros,

I could use a module of some kind but I was wondering: is there a preferred of fixed position where you can show the name of the logged in user?

A lot of media companies (especially newspapers) today sell their online news to their readers and require you to log in. So a position to welcome a logged in user/reader seems like a logical thing in the news template par excellence: Teline V…

Greetz,
    Werner

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Werner,

Did you try to position where the Search module is displaying? You can put module to topbar-r position there.

In case that you want it to show in other places, share me the screenshot, I will take a look.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum