Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

How can i show the author alias instead of the author name on ja_news in my homepage??:confused:

Anonymous Moderator

Hi berprado

For the case, please open modulesmod_janews2tmplblog_item.php file, at about line 59, find following code section:

<?php if ($showcreater) : ?>
    <span class="createby"><?php echo $row->creater;?></span>
    <?php endif; ?>

and change to:

<span class="createby"><?php echo $row->created_by_alias;?></span>
    <?php endif; ?>

berprado Friend

I´ll try that right away thanks

berprado Friend

:(( i did as you instructed but it didn´t work, by the way the code you mention is at line 125 not 59, could that mean something?? :confused:

Anonymous Moderator

Hi you

with ja news module, please open modulesmod_janewstmplblog_item.php file, at about line 50:

<span class="createby"><?php echo $row->creater;?></span><?php if ($showdate) : ?> - <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

and change to:

<span class="createby"><?php echo $row->created_by_alias;?></span><?php if ($showdate) : ?> - <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

berprado Friend

Yes, now it shows the author alias, great. How about showing the author alias on the ja_newsfp module???? Since i use teline for a news website i find very important to mention the source of the news and i use the author_alias to do so.
    Thanks

Anonymous Moderator

Hi berprado

with this module, we don’t support the author name. You can open files in tmpl folder and add this code

I am sorry for not being of much help in the case.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum