Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    please check http://www.oudebrouwerijzonnegem.be. My homepage has the "Magazine" layout. So it shows articles belonging to the category "magazine". But I’ve started a small blog too, called "kerkuilen". This blog shows articles belonging to the category "kerkuilen". At the moment there is only one article. Now I would like to show this new blog text at the same time at two locations: in the blog (where it is now) and at the homepage, in the magazine-section. But I see you can’t assign an article to two categories? Now, how can I solve this situation? What can I do to make the text appear in two locations?
    (I’m fairly new to Joomla. I like it, but it’s damn complicated. All but intuitive. It’s really trial and error, otherwise I see no way to learn this product)
    best regards,
    Paul

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In Joomla there is no such option to publish one article in two categories You may find the suggestion given Here for the same questions.

Regards

muug Friend

Hi Pankaj,
    thanks for your information. I’ll see what I can do with the tags. I’m not familiar with it but I’m a good learner. I could also duplicate the article, and assign it once to magazine and once to the blog. 🙂
    Now, I suppose it’s me that doesn’t grasp completely how to use the several Joomla-options and scenario’s….
    To be honest I’m still figuring out which template suits me best: the Corporate, the Magazine, one of the others… f.ex. I like the Magazine a lot, it’s nice and simple, but you just can’t keep adding tens or hundreds articles to that one page, no? It would grow way to large. You would end up with a one page site containing hundreds of articles one after the other, without any other structure. At a certain moment you really want those articles – with various subjects – to be added to another category, no? Just to keep them organized. Well, that’s what I presumed. But, perhaps the tags can be the solution. I’ll see into it as soon as possible.
    thanks !

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You are welcome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum