Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Should article titles feature a rel=”canonical” in the HTML? I thought this was best for SEO? Can’t find it on my Uber site.
    Is there some configuration needed to achieve this?

Or are itemprop=”name” and itemprop=”URL” now more important or work as replacements?

Let me know. Thanks. John..

Adam M Moderator

Hi @bowman999,

If you check demo site, you will see the rel=”canonical” is attached to page url and itemprop is attached to individual article already.

bowman999 Friend

Hi Adam,

I still can’t find it. Here’s an example. I’ve set up the Uber template on my own demo site and have created a page in the blog section (no changes to the Uber template).

There are no “canonical URLs” at all on standard blog pages! There is a “base Url”, but nothing else.
    Go here to see for yourself:

http://galacticbrain.net/index.php/joomla-page/content-page/all-categories/sample-category-1/205-fcsdfsafdsa

This is the code that surrounds the article title:

<h1 class="article-title" itemprop="name">
    fcsdfsafdsa <meta itemprop="url" content="http://galacticbrain.net/index.php/joomla-page/content-page/all-categories/sample-category-1/205-fcsdfsafdsa" />
    </h1>

Is there any reason they would not appear in a page created in the Blog” section?

Let me know.
    I want to make sure I get as much SEO as possible when launched.

Cheers,
    John

Adam M Moderator

Hi John,

Did you disable the plugin System – SEF ? Which Joomla! version are you using ? Please check if you’re using latest Uber / T3 Framework via back-end >>> Components >>> JA Extension Manager and update if necessary.

bowman999 Friend

<em>@Adam M 464907 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi John,

Did you disable the plugin System – SEF ? Which Joomla! version are you using ? Please check if you’re using latest Uber / T3 Framework via back-end >>> Components >>> JA Extension Manager and update if necessary.</blockquote>

The latest T3 plugin (released only today!) fixed the issue on both sites. I believe it was the result of Joomla 3.4 or Joomla 3.41 upgrades.

So problem solved.

Cheers,
    John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bowman999 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum