Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

ErikThorsen;6868I totally understand what you are saying ShannonN. I think the major problem is that this template club might not be for people who are total new to Joomla. Of course, the best thing would be if it was but in my experience, the templates as so powerful and professional that I have a hard time following the structure and outline myself, and I have been working with Joomla since the birth.

Either way, I agree that it would be excellent to have the same setting as the demo site. Most likely, getting our hands on the sql base would solve all these problems and the site would be “up and running” like the demo in no time. At least that is what I am hoping it will be. 🙂

I think we all appreciate your feedback here on the forum and critisicm is always welcome in a developing community.

This being said, I strongly recommend that you ( when/if ) facing problems ( I mean bigger problems and urgent ones ) to take a look to outsourcing. I am doing this to a lot of my clients with excellent results. Price is also cheap and you can get a lot done in a short period of time. And if you are really clever you ask a lot of questions to the one helping you out and you will learn a whole bunch.

I am still considering myself quite new to Joomla and Joomlart templates but I learn a good 3-4 new things every day, so it is very helpful for me. Just watching all the comments and questions are helping as well. 😉

See you around!

Outsourcing isn’t an option for me as these two sites are only getting $400.00 aud each so I don’t think i’m going to get anyone to do them at 200 each 🙂
    I have to charge so little or i would not get the work.

Also the guys were kind enough to supply me with the full demo site and sql but it still looks nothing like the site demo 🙂 I cannot change the prefix as requested more than once ( to xenia_) because my hosting demands it be set to my username when i create the account, i can create the site with username xenia, but this I can only do once 🙁 so I cannot experiment on more than one site

I changed the template to xenia, uploaded the changed modules etc as directed and then imported the sql but still looks crap 🙂
    what can I say I’m a noob
    Shanny

ErikThorsen Friend

Hello Shanny,

I actually didn’t mean to outsource the entire thing, just to get some fixes done. I have done small stuff like 5 USD – 10 USD for fixing small issues.

If you want, you can PM me with some information about what you need/want done and I can see if I can help you in any way. Totally free of charge. Perhaps we both will learn something. LOL.

Cheers.

ShannonN Friend

ErikThorsen;7122Hello Shanny,

I actually didn’t mean to outsource the entire thing, just to get some fixes done. I have done small stuff like 5 USD – 10 USD for fixing small issues.

If you want, you can PM me with some information about what you need/want done and I can see if I can help you in any way. Totally free of charge. Perhaps we both will learn something. LOL.

Cheers.

Cheers I appreciate the offer and will pm you later

goldenpencils Friend

<blockquote>
    I think the major problem is that this template club might not be for people who are total new to Joomla.
    </blockquote>
    Erik, I have played with Joomla for 3 weeks and understand how to install Joomla extensions and template. Am I enough experience to join JA Club?

ErikThorsen Friend

If you also know how to follow guidelines, intstructions and don’t mind playing around a bit I would say that it is not a problem at all. I have a friend which started with Joomla 4 days ago. I gave him a short “introduction” course and he is much enjoying his JA templates..

ShannonN Friend

I agree with Erik, ( who was the only one to take time to help me here, ( Joomlart don’t seem to care much once sale is made, to busy counting profits it seems).

If you have the basic concepts down, yes go for it, however, if you want to really get the benefit out of it you need to learn a bit more, as I am trying to do. It is very powerful and flexible as it is modular in design, but coming from a static background it approaches things in a non intuitive manner.

I brought the Joomla instruction Guide from compass designs for twenty bucks and at 78 pages it seems quite good with screenshots and stuff, I needed more info on modules creating etc positioning so although I haven’t had time to give it the works due to studies and work, I plan on spending a day with it soon

You may find it helpful aslo
    Cheers Shannon

goldenpencils Friend

Thank you, Erik & Shannon. I learn from you a lot. I’ve just been a member of JA template club and hope could get help from you as well as others here.

ShannonN Friend

GoldenPencils;8068Thank you, Erik & Shannon. I learn from you a lot. I’ve just been a member of JA template club and hope could get help from you as well as others here.

What knowledge I have is small but I will always try to assist where possible, I understand teh difficulties you face

mayous2004 Friend

Hi,
    I am a propective customer as well, so you might want to do 2 things 2 make our life easier.

1. can you compile and put together a section something like knowledge base/FAQ based on users expereinces so that we can look at the issue and the resolution and be on our own. This will really help us.

2. You want to provide us an option for a very minimal amount where in we can outsource and get our site much more like the demo site.

I understand its hard and tough to get the look and feel of demo site. but if you can put the effort we can all get benifited and its a win-win.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mayous2004 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum