Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello.

I love this template and have updated the grahpics and css to better fit my store. I have a few questions about some problems, though:

1. If you look on http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php?template=ja_shopping_ii you see that the Home Menu box is listed as a separate blue color.

My site is http://www.monshishi.com

I never got that blue-colored box, even before I changed the colors. I assume this is supposed to be a separate position, because I cannot get my red search box down below (like in the template demo), it is up above the menu.

Please tell me how to add the different colored menu position, and also how to move that search box down.

2. Newsflash module – notice that my Newsflash module appears lower than in the Joomlart demo of Shopping II. I even tried to do what Joomlart did and put the “15% off” notice in the title of the module…the module still appears lower.

How can I fix this?

3. Are we able to get the .psd file for the “20% or more” advertisement on the left hand side? I want to re-color it.

4. Finally, can we get the .psd file for the header-main-wide.gif graphic, so I can change the colors on that as well?

Thank you!

Regards,
    Matthew Jackson

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi Matthew,
    1. The menu in blue block is submenu, try to create some submenus under parent Home menus and you will see the diffrences

2. You should show newsflash modules title instead of writing title in to the modules content
    3 + 4. Have you downloaded the source files in the JA Shopping II at member download areas?

Hope things will work ;P

matthew12345 Friend

Hello and thank you for the information.

The problem with Newsflash is solved. Thanks!

However, for question #1:

Thank you for this information, but I do not see in the Menu Manager how to create “parent” menus for “submenus.” Is this a standard joomla thing or is it a special module or component I have to install?

I put “-blue” in the module class suffix for the Home Menu. Was this the correct solution? It does appear blue now, but does not appear above the search box? It appears that the “user 4” position has the red border for the search box, and without another user position in the index.php file, I don’t know how I can go above it.

Finally, I did not see either the “Save an additional 20% or more” .psd file in the downloads for the shopping II template nor did I see the (more important) header-wide for the wide layout blue top menu. How can I get those, especially the wide layout menu graphic?

Thank you for your help so far.

Best regards,
    Matt Jackson

Hung Dinh Friend

Admin >> Menu Manger >> Mainmenu
    then click on any menu and choose the parent menu for the selected menu. Go to and you will see what I meant

matthew12345 Friend

Dinh,

Hello.

Thank you for the advice.

I tried this: admin > Menu Manager > click on “mainmenu”

but all it allows me to do is change the name of the menu.

Also, I know I can change parent item of menu *links*. I moved the “Get Started” link to be the submenu of “Info”…but nothing happened with the menu.

I now have my menu blue colored by putting the -blue tag in there, but how do I move it above the search box?

I am sorry if I am an idiot with this stuff, I am just trying hard to fix this.

Best,
    Matt Jackson

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hi Matthew,

The Home Menu which you can see at the demo is the JA Split Sub Menu, it’s not the Joomla! module. This menu will show the child items of your mainmenu.

For example, if you have a menu structure like that:

+Home
    |---- Search Advanced
    |---- SiteMap
    |---- Submenu 1
    |---- Submenu 2
    +Get Start! Advice
    |---- Info
    |---- How to buy?
    +Catalogue
    +News
    |---- Products News
    |---- Shop News
    |---- Submenu 1
    |---- Submenu 2
    +Contact Us
    |---- About Us
    |---- Privacy Policy

so, all the parent items (bold text) would be displayed at the top blue horizontal menu below the newflash area, and the child items (begin with |– ) on the left. In this case, If you click on Home, then the left will show Search Advanced, SiteMap,Submenu 1…

Please note that currently, JA Split Menu can only display 2nd-level menu, the parent and the child, but I think it’s enought for your need of one e-shop’s site ;).

If you haven’t changed this code in the “ja_shopping_ii/index.php” file

<?php if ( $subnav ) { ?>
    <div id="ja-subnav">
    <h3><?php echo $menuname; ?> Menu</h3>
    <?php echo $subnav; ?>
    </div>
    <?php }

then just use your Joomla! Menu Manager, create your Navigation Structure as I’s just described above, don’t forget to unpublished the default Main Menu module of Joomla!, and I’m sure that everything will be OK! 🙂

matthew12345 Friend

I see, so this child menu changes when you click a new section…very interesting! Now I understand. Thank you.

This is a wonderful template and I am so glad I purchased it! It has saved me so many headaches due to it’s well-designed integration with VirtueMart. No more alignment or cross-browser issues. Thanks!

Now, my final question is this: is there any way to get the blue graphic to the left which says “Save An Additional 20% or More” as the original .PSD file? I would like to simply change the color and text, but use the design to advertise specials.

Please advise on how to get it, or just email it to [email]sirmistermatt@gmail.com[/email] .

Regards,
    Matt Jackson

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  matthew12345 17 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum