Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Would like to see another Virtumart based template like JA Mesolite ii or JA Zeolite ii , something new and different looking.

TomC Moderator

<em>@country212 273597 wrote:</em><blockquote>Would like to see another Virtumart based template like JA Mesolite ii or JA Zeolite ii , something new and different looking.</blockquote>

How about something LIKE THIS[/url] ??

😎

tfosnom Friend

Following the blog site link to JED where you can dl the cart/read all the complaints about this cart missing features, must pay for support etc. a quote from the developer “We are not interested in thoose who do not understand that we can not give a free support. If you need support buy it from our site.” sounds scarey to me

Shane

TomC Moderator

<em>@tfosnom 275116 wrote:</em><blockquote>Following the blog site link to JED where you can dl the cart/read all the complaints about this cart missing features, must pay for support etc. a quote from the developer “We are not interested in thoose who do not understand that we can not give a free support. If you need support buy it from our site.” sounds scarey to me

Shane</blockquote>
    I agree with you . . . I am not a fan of this language either. I think our JA Developers are simply trying something different – as there is not yet a stable VirtueMart version for J1.7. I would assume that when VirtueMart is finally updated/stable for J1.7, you will start seeing VirtueMart integrated templates again . . .

. . . . but don’t quote me on that. 😎

tfosnom Friend

While I always applaud JA in their desire to try new products and such, I have a nasty taste in my mouth from JA dumping Kunena for Agora some time back, on the hope it was the next best thing, only to get caught when it suddenly became commercial, this cart developer already shows their aversion of unpaid support, it seems everyone is now releasing stuff as GPL or MIT license,but you pay through the nose to obtain even the basic support from some.

We know VM is slow to update, there maybe some other carts out there but integrating Joomshopping to a JA template, while great visually and giving us a chance to try the cart, what about support for the cart, given the Dev says $200 dollars a day fault finding? Has JA devs the experience to help on anything Joomshopping? or are we going to hear, contact joomshopping support (@ $200 per day) to help you?

Given a VM theme, (1.5 even) At least there are a lot of experienced VM users that we can ask.

I do hope it works and works great. I’ll probably renew my membership next week so I can get it when it’s available 🙂

Shane

zao dao Friend

i have installed irtuemart1.9.8,it looks promising,virtuemart has many free modules and developers,so i think i will still use virtuemart

www.8media.com
    www.zaodao.com

TomC Moderator

<em>@zaodao 275467 wrote:</em><blockquote>i have installed irtuemart1.9.8,it looks promising,virtuemart has many free modules and developers,so i think i will still use virtuemart</blockquote>
    Unless I am mistaken, I do not believe there is a version 1.9.8 of VirtueMart.
    I believe the current latest version is 1.1.9 – and it is not yet compatible with J1.7

zao dao Friend

<em>@TomC 275476 wrote:</em><blockquote>Unless I am mistaken, I do not believe there is a version 1.9.8 of VirtueMart.
    I believe the current latest version is 1.1.9 – and it is not yet compatible with J1.7</blockquote>
    VM2 version G is ready to be tested for production use.
    http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/408-4000-committs-committed-to-vm2

The new VirtueMart 2 Version is now in the last testing phase.
    updated download for the whole package: http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/324/virtuemart1.9.8.RC2H_extract_first.zip

www.8media.com
    www.zaodao.com

TomC Moderator

<em>@zaodao 275560 wrote:</em><blockquote>VM2 version G is ready to be tested for production use.
    http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/408-4000-committs-committed-to-vm2

The new VirtueMart 2 Version is now in the last testing phase.
    updated download for the whole package: http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/324/virtuemart1.9.8.RC2H_extract_first.zip</blockquote>
    Yet neither are released as completely stable. JA will not utilize release candidates.

swissa Friend

I’m a complete beginner in Joomla (2 weeks experience!) and am building a Tiris site with JoomShopping. Yes, they are German 😀 in attitude but their product seems really good. Easy enough for me to date! Perhaps because I speak German I’m able to read their forums easier and find the answers I want. Just as I do here. (That doesn’t mean to say I won’t be shouting for help when I really DO get stuck! :-[)

I say bring on another JoomShooping template please! Mine isn’t live just yet but it is looking quite good. Thanks guys!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum