Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’m using the Sandine II (light) template with the dropline menu and the sh404 extension. There seems to be something strange going on with the “top” menu. Every link gives a 404 error. I’ve tried different links, I’ve tried alternate menu types (css, moo, etc) and none of them seem to work.

The “side” menu links do work however.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

http://aromatherapy.client-development.net/

unixboymd Friend

I’ve copied all of the “top” menu items to a “side” menu (the TEMP MENU) and those links are working with or without the default Joomla! SEF and sh404.

bennitos Friend

tried to look at your website but its asks for a username and password.

unixboymd Friend

Oops! totally forgot about that.

You can login with demo / demo

bennitos Friend

Ok had a look on your website, hope you dont mind i have been so free to log in on the backend too (please change password) But the thing that is causing the problems are all the custom redirects you have made in 404sef.

I deleted one for the video in the menu now it works again the custom redirect was wrong.
    If you want to recreate it this was the line i deleted:
    index.php?/Aromatherapy-Essential-Oils-Videos
    index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=94&lang=en

I wouldnt recommend creating all the redirects by hand for every content item, 404sef creates them automaticly. Doing them all by hand makes it quite risky as links can change and then they wont get recreated wich causes 404 problems like just happend.

I normally autocreate everything and only create custom ones for menu links that are not created properly automaticly. And menu items dont change that often.

Hope this answers your problem/question. 🙂

unixboymd Friend

The reason for the custom redirects is because they were migrated from an existing site and due to existing link campaigns they had to stay the same – otherwise I would have let the extension handle them automaticly.

bennitos Friend

Thats a good reason indeed 🙂

for the video’s

it was:
    index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=94&lang=en

but it should be:

index.php?/component/option,com_seyret/Itemid,94/

unixboymd Friend

Thanks for the help. I was running around in circles all day trying to figure it out. There was a couple of other problems with the FORUM and STORE links, but I just deleted the manually entered ones and let the system re-create them. Funny but it created them the exact same way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  unixboymd 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum