Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

There seems to be some sort of conflict with the Seyret Video Component and the QuickStart version of this template. The component will not work properly in the FrontEnd. Normally I’d say this a problem for the Component’s creator but the component does actually work if you install the standard template on a fresh setup. I believe it is in the database for the QuickStart package but I could be wrong. I’ve installed a different template on the Quickstart install and continued to have the problem. On the standard install of Joomla, the component works fine on all of the templates I tried. Anyone else want to try figure this out because I’m reached the burned out point?

Menalto Friend

What is excactly the error you get?

gegit Friend

It’s not actually an error message it’s just not doing what the component is designed to do. I can duplicate it by just reinstalling the quickstart package and then installing the component again. Currently I’ve installed the template on the Joomla 1.5.3 and everything is working but now I have to figure out where to put everything so it looks the same… not that easy, I’m still a novice.

gegit Friend

Ok… scratch the previous. The frontend is no longer working properly… again. Not exactly sure if it was because I was attempting to add allVideos plugin (couldn’t get that to work either) or it could have been broken when I put the JA-news module in place. Not sure, getting frustrated. You can take a look at the site at http://gegit.net

gegit Friend

Ok… it is the template itself. If I revert back to the default template then Seyret works properly again. I’d really appreciate it if someone were to attempt to figure this out. This is as far as I go since I’m still learning all of this.

Thanks

nlopes Friend

Hi

The problem is two fold:
    1. Add video wont work with the Teline II template – the submit button takes you to the index.pp page. If you change template it works fine. So everytime I want to add a video I have to change template – freaks out the users
    2. When you look at the design there are bugs in I7 and Mozzilla – ithe tabs are split with a menu item at the bottom with no lik and thefirst row moves right, categories tab doesnt work (IE7) – in Mozzilla other things happen
    http://www.free2manage.com
    menu item Video
    Desperate for an answer – been stuck on this for 2 weeks.
    Its not a component issue its a template issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nlopes 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum