Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The Antares template appear to have at least two serious problems:

(1) error messages related to user registration and login are effectively gone.
    (2) Generally doesn’t display correctly in IE8 unless “compatible mode” is enabled.

Problem 1, User registration
    —————————————

This problem occur for example when a new user try to register with a user name or e-mail address that already exists in the database.

In that case *nothing* happens when the “Register” button is activated. Hence, the user doesn’t get any message at all about the account couldn’t be created.

I’ve tried this on several Joomla 1.5.9 based sites, and everything works fine with most other templates. However, switching to Antares cause havoc and effectively render the login/registration functionality useless.

Problem 2, IE8 layout errors
    ————————————–

Antares generally doesn’t display correctly in IE8 unless the site is marked to be run in “compatibility mode”. MANY parts of the layout display incorrectly positioned or sized.

🙂 Jacob

kalibs112 Friend

think I’ve worked out how to do this, if anyone is interested.

This assumes that you’ve already shifted the search module into the mega-item position by following Scotty’s instructions (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-place-a-full-banner-in-the-header-area/).

Disable any banner module that you’ve assigned to the search position (see link above). If the search position is empty, it seems to disappear or not to load, thereby clearing the way for a full-width logo gif.

Go to Extensions/Template Manager/JA_Teline_III and in the basic settings on the right select Image under Logo Type and save the changes.

Create a 950px x 62px image. The template is 980px wide (I think) but the container div surrounding the logo has 15px padding left and right. Save it as logo.gif and replace the default Teline 3 logo.gif in Templates/ja_teline_iii/images. I renamed the original logo.gif instead of overwriting it, just in case I needed it again.

Open your template.css file and find these at about line 850:

h1.logo {
    width: 265px;
    height: 62px;
    margin: 0;
    }

h1.logo a {
    width: 265px;
    display: block;
    background: url(../images/logo.gif) no-repeat left;
    }

Change them to this:

h1.logo {
    width: 950px; /* was 265px*/
    margin: 0;
    }

h1.logo a {
    width: 950px; /* was 265px*/
    display: block;
    background: url(../images/logo.gif) no-repeat left;
    }

I’m not sure if this is the way it should be done, but it worked for me

Jacob Schäffer Friend

Hmmm …

I don’t see how moving the Search module for the Teline template will help with the ANTARES problems described.

🙂 Jacob

Jacob Schäffer Friend

The IE8 problem is secondary compared to the general functionality problem with JA_ANTARES.

I have just tried the errant login/registration functionality with JA_HALITE and JA_PURITY, each of which does NOT have the problem. Hence, I have to conclude that the problem is *entirely* bound to the JA_ANTARES template. Unfortunately, we *need* to use the JA_ANTARES template at this time, so we *need* this problem to be debugged and fixed.

I’ve just tried the demo at: http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php?template=ja_antares

At this demo I created a *new* account, and clicking the “Register” button directed me to the frontpage instead of a welcome page telling me that I would receive a confirmation e-mail. This is WRONG!

I got the e-mail and confirmed the account creation. This is OK!

I then tried to create a new account for a new user with the *same* user name with a different e-mail address. NOTHING happened when I clicked the “Register” button (except from a screen refresh with empty fields), but I should have been prompted for the duplicate user name error and had the chance to correct it.

JA_HILITE and other templates does this correctly, but JA_ANTARES effectively fail ALSO in the Club Templates Demo.

I truely think you have a serious problem with the JA_ANTARES template and encurage you to give it a technogical overhaul. It IS faulty from scratch !!!

🙂 Jacob

Jacob Schäffer Friend

Hi again,

I have tested quite a few JA templates for this error now, and it appear that many of the templates have the same errors. Try eg. the JA Bellatrix in the Club Templates Demo, which fail exactly the same way as JA Antares with the login/registration handling.

There seem to be a general problem with some of the older JA templates.

🙂 Jacob

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jacob Schäffer 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum